InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Friday, April 1, 2011

A is for Alvin, The One and Only!



I dedicate this month-long challenge to children, with nephew Jeremy topping my list.  Much thanks to the animated or more serious characters who agreed (or not) to conduct interviews this month.  Sure, I had to promise them 80% of my profits, but a few are altruistic to the core.  At least, that sounds good. Right? My point:  Have fun reading this or doing something else. Give a child a hug today too!
~~~o~~~o~~~o~~~o~~~o~~~o~~~o~~~o~~~o~~~o~~~o
Robyn: My first guest to kick-off this series is none other than the phenomenally chipper and uniquely talented Alvin. Come on out here, Alvin! Alvin! Alvin! Alvin?



Alvin (singing): Christmas, Christmastime is near! Time for toys, and -

Robyn (interrupting): It’s April, Al. You know, like tax time and the A to Z Challenge and stuff.

Alvin (singing): Me I want a hula hoop!

Robyn: Look, you little chip, you’re 53 now. Don’t you think it’s time you outgrew that hula hoop fixation?!

Alvin (singing): Hurry Christmas, hurry fast!

Robyn: Alvin, I’ve gotta tell ya, you’re really anthropomorphic.

Alvin: Okay. Thanks. I still want a hula hoop.

Robyn: This concludes our interview for today. Thanks for helping me launch this series, Munk.

Robyn leans over to give Alvin a kiss on the cheek and whispers “You’re really cute.” Alvin wipes the kiss off and asks for a hula hoop. Robyn shakes her head “no.”

The camera zooms in on Simon and Theodore behind the curtain, cranking up the fake applause machine to maximum volume.

Alvin walks off stage singing “Please Christmas don’t be late!”


With sincere thanks to creator of Alvin and the Chipmunks, Ross Bagdasarian, Sr., in blessed memory.

23 comments:

  1. Lovely post Robyn...nice way to start the A - Z challenge, I see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're 53 now! That's hilarious Robyn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I generally am annoyed by Christmas but I LOVE that Chipmunk song...to sing "HUUUULAHOOOOP" is fantastic and helps me get through the season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas album...still have it from my childhood days!!
    Found you from the A-Z Challenge, it sounds like it’s going to be a lot of fun, with maybe with a little bit of stress thrown in!! I’m now following you on GFC and I hope you have a chance to check out my blog!
    Monica
    http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Alvin. I have always identified with him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should get him 10 hula hoops. It's the only way he'll get fed up of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alvin's 53????? Good golly in the morning.
    Next you'll tell me Charlie Brown is in his 50s.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's held up quite well. Wish I was that lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice post and good luck with the A-Z thing....I've survived day 1.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, great minds really do think alike! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You go girl!

    What an inspiration you are! YOU ROCK!

    love ya, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have always enjoyed this every year I go home for Christmas. Seems to play a hundred times and never gets old. Thanks Robyn.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's my all time favorite Christmas albumn. I never get tired of listening it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh......I still love Alvin and the chipmunks after all these years!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwwwwwwwwww!!!! I CANNOT possibly tell you how fantastic this post was to read!!! People cannot help but smile when they read this! Of course, it doesn't hurt that I LOOOOOOOVE the Chipmunks!!!!!!

    *Big Hugs To You*

    More! More interview with cute, cuddly critters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. HA HA! ALVIN!!!

    I see that Alex got to you. I am not participating in the a to z, but I will enjoy yours and comment at will.

    Also, I totally April Fool'd my 6th graders at my school. If you haven't checked the video on my blog yet, it's up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. lol - funny post Robyn.
    53 lol

    My brother is a Jeremy too.
    nice work...
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Alvin and the Chipmunks!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks all! I'm out of town for work this weekend. Sorry my comments aren't more personal.
    Thanks to my new followers! If I haven't dropped by yet, I will asap.
    Hope it's been a chipper weekend. xo Robyn

    ReplyDelete