InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Monday, April 11, 2011

I is for Inspector Gadget!


I dedicate this month-long challenge to children, with nephew Jeremy topping my list. Much thanks to the animated or more serious characters who agreed (or not) to conduct interviews this month. Sure, I had to promise them 80% of my profits, but a few are altruistic to the core. At least, that sounds good. Right? My point: Have fun reading this or doing something else. Give a child a hug today too.

~~?~~~~o~~~&~~~~o~~~[x]~~~~o~~~{!}~~~~o~~~&~~~~o

Background music blasts the Life by Chocolate stage: Do da do da do, Inspector Gadget! This repeats ad nausea.

Inspector Gadget  tip toes across the stage, his magnifying glass leading the way. He stops suddenly, inches from Robyn, and shouts: "Go go gadget! Go go!" Next, he peers intently into the microscope at Robyn's shoes. Slowly and cautiously, he scans her body ending up at the one (or ten or twelve) blond (or grayish) hairs atop her head. Interesting. Very interesting.

Robyn: What are you doing?

Inspector Gadget: Looking for clues, ma'am. Looking for clues.

Robyn: What have you uncovered, Mr. Gadget?

Inspector Gadget: Absolutely nothing. There's been no activity around here in quite some time.

Robyn: Well, duh, little man. It doesn't take an Inspector's Certificate to figure that one out.

Inspector Gadget's shoe rings: Hold on, miss. He removes his left shoe and talks into its sole. Uh huh. I see. Okay. I'll be right over. Gotta go. I've got some real inspecting to do over at the set of Real Housewives.

Robyn: Thanks for nothing, Inspector!

Inspector Gadget was a joint venture between France, Canada, the US, Taiwan and Japan. This cartoon series ran from 1983 to 1986 and remained in syndication into the late 1990s. Don Adams, best known for his role as Maxwell Smart, gave the Inspector his memorable voice.

18 comments:

  1. I like his theme song. In fact, I downloaded it. And after reading this post it's now stuck in my head. Drats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What in the world took us down nostalgic TV Lane - - - your with the Inspector, me with the Squares of One?????

    LOL - - - fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "ol inspector gadget theme song, eh?" hahahahha

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mean he didn't pull out any of those blond or grayish hairs? Someone should teach the inspector how to collect evidence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brother and I LOVED Inspecter Gadget! What a trip down memory lane I just took!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't you press charges...how dare he say, no activity here...for heaven's sake...making people laugh is a full time job with no social security.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it really took all of these countries to come up with gadget, Robyn - funny line re activity or lack of - it - back to my 'j' crisis - David

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved that show when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your take was great! Of course, I never saw the show, but don't let that lesson my valuable opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Should have interviewed his niece. She would have given you the real dope on that dope.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was great Robyn and you should have your own show where you interview all the best cartoon characters. Like 'Space Ghost - Coast to Coast.' I know I would like to phone in and talk to some of these old time characters and questions certain life choices they have made?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so watched this everyday after school! Man, that was a long time ago!
    Go Gadget Go!
    xo
    gi gi

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't know it was created by multiple countries. Look at all these things you're teaching me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That cartoon was constantly on at our house. He was one of the girl's absolute favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh...I'm singing the theme song in my head! Go, Gadget Go!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG I used to tell time by Inspector Gadgets. Whenever we had to go somewhere (like Grandma's house) I would always ask how many Inspector Gadgets it was. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete