InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

B is for Barney Rubble!


I dedicate this month-long challenge to children, with nephew Jeremy topping my list. Much thanks to the animated or more serious characters who agreed (or not) to conduct interviews this month. Sure, I had to promise them 80% of my profits, but a few are altruistic to the core. At least, that sounds good. Right? My point: Have fun reading this or doing something else. Give a child a hug today too.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Robyn: It’s a hot day in Bedrock, and I’m sharing a boulder with the simple yet sincere Mr. Barney Rubble. How are you doing today, Barney?

Barney: Er huh huh and uh er hi hi nmnah er huh!

Robyn (turning around to look towards the quarry): Did you hear that? Was that a sneeze-hiccup-tornado? Do you get those often in this place right out of history?

Barney: No, that was just my laugh. I get nervous when I’m on the big screen. You know, blogger and all. I guess I don't have much of a life since I moved Betty into the Home for the Stone Aged. Fred and Wilma retired in Rock Vegas. They open for Dinah Snore. So, yeah, it's just me and my boulder. Er huh huh uh hi hi!

Robyn: Tell us about your sex life with Betty.

Barney: Have you heard her laugh? It’s a real turn-off. I go commando at night, and pretty much all the time. She laughs and points downward. I don’t know what gets into her, but I sure know what doesn’t get into her – if you know what I mean! Er huh huh uh nhi mnhi! After a night or two of it, I started sleeping with Hoppy, our dinosaur kangaroo. Yeah, Betty and I never, hee hee, did the deed. Bamm-Bamm’s adopted, you know?  Nmer uh hi hi nmhuwawa uh hi hi!

Robyn: I’m afraid our time was up ages ago. Thanks for sharing your boulder, Barney.

Barney: Er huh huh, Okay. Yabba-Dabba-Doo!

The Flintstones was produced by Hanna-Barbera Productions and ran from September 30, 1960 to April 1, 1966.

25 comments:

  1. Growing up, my parents had this album, no idea why, with songs from the 20s on it. This is why I know songs like "Winchester Cathedral" and "Give My Regards to Broadway", and, of course,

    Barney Google (with his goo-goo-googly eyes).

    This will be in my head until noon now. And we have you to thank.

    :-)

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping they have reruns for the show. It's a fun one to watch. Good job on the interview and good luck on the month-long challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it wrong I now have a Betty/Barney mental image?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The innuendo was great, the horrible stone aged home pun, was even better. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to love the Flintstones....even though late satellite entry in India meant I saw when I was 20 yrs old....don't laugh, at 36 I still watch Tom and Jerry, Spongebob, and Dora and many others with my nephew....hated the movie though....lovely lady, you have struck Gold with this Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adore the Flintstones and chocolate, so shall be coming back for me. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was awesome Robyn. I am glad you chose to go the funny route with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will I ever be the same again. Poor Betty, she needs help if she gets the giggles everytime she sees Barny's boner..uh er I mean boulder.:0~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  9. (= One of my fave cartoons as a kid! I loved Bam-Bam. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I LOVED the Flintstones. Haven't seen them in ages. Always loved Barney more than Fred.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is good! Very good :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an excellent idea for the A to Z blogs. I used to love The Flintstones. And I love chocolate too. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog, by the way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so not right, Robyn. That's what makes you cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are both scandalous and cheeky all at the same time. I love it. They way you caught Barney off his game with your smutty questions really set the mood around the old 'Cave of Cool'. I'll be in my bunk.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well that takes me back to Saturday cartoons as a kid...except for the sleeping with the dinosaur part!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Didn't Barney and Fred (who looked a LOT like my father) always go commando under their animal skin duds? But, Fred was a classy dude without skivvies: he always wore a tie.
    By the way: Betty not Wilma.
    And Mary Jane not Ginger.
    It's a guy thing.

    Oh, one last thing. Al's Useless Trivia: the actress who was the voice for Wilma was also the voice for the Jetson's robot maid, Rosey.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ummm yabba dabba doo to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how you folks make me laugh with your comments. Alex and Kal, I feel so defective, and I LOVE IT. Thanks. xo

    Al, I didn't know that about Rosie and Wilma. The question I have for you: Rosie or Wilma?? Rosie, right? ;0)

    Ames, that's a stellar comment. You can dish it out with the most scandalous of us. Love ya for it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the Flintstones - I used to watch it religiously. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I liked the Flintstones but I think I liked the Jetsons better. Will you ever interview George Jetson by any chance?

    Happy A-Z blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always thought there was more to Fred than met the eye....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dinah Snore? You are too hilarious!! I used to love The Flintstones as a kid... I never knew Bam Bam was adopted. Looking forward to more of your awesome interviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aw, poor Barney!!! Loved the Flinestones!!!
    This was great Robyn :)
    Lots of love
    G

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aww, I'm glad you interviewed little Barney! lol Great interview! And omg the Barney/Betty part-LOL.

    ReplyDelete