InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Insertion Experiment, A Saturday Centus on Sunday

Jenny Matlock


The Saturday Centus challenges us to write a piece within 100 words, based on a prompt. I encourage you to jump aboard. Just click on the graphic above. It's great practice, and I've met wonderful peers this way. Plus, Jenny's our favorite teacher. I'm continuing the sci-fi series, with apologies to anyone who doesn't appreciate some Spock spoofing. This is a sequel to my last centus right here. The prompt is bolded. 
~~
"Go! Do it! Put it in, Spocky! Or are you still a chicken? Bach! Bach!"

Lil Spock's eyes and arms wander aimlessly. "Okay, okay, I just gotta find the betterest slot."                 

"Duh! There's just one that works right. This ain't starship science, Spocky!"

"I'm tryin'. I'm tryin'."

"Like you need a navigational matrix? You think I'm gonna tell ya 'Exit 181, 1/2 mile ahead'?"

"Really? Lemme see...Where's 181?"

James Earl Jones chimes in: "Will little Spock insert it properly?...What will transpire from this young couple's exploration?" Stay tuned.
         

                                                                                                                                                                      


20 comments:

  1. Very funny....I wonder if he'll manage it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Robyn. You are a riot.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I been asleep or living in a parallel universe or what? I have just gone back to your first post of your saga. This is some mighty fine stuff here Robyn ;-) I am an armchair sci-fi fan, and I just love the play on words, and the whole risque thing...very, very cool. I wish I could think like you...I'll go meditate on it for a while...Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, poor Spock can't find the right slot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is Spocky about to put a coin in a one-arm bandit? I'm betting against a jackpot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh...very good !!!I'm blushing a bit but am enjoying your play with words telling this fun story !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I won't tell you where my evil mind went.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robyn, I am LMAO at this!!! Marlene, that's not EVIL, it's PLAYFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, all. I'm really glad you're enjoying this, since I have no idea what I've gotten myself - er, Spocky and Rita - into or how to get them out of it. I mean, well, yeah, no innuendos intended, not ever...May the force be with us all!
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. hilarious...at this rate he is gonna to end the aloof Monk he was in the series....his future is written in the stars, plain for all to see. but he is not alone in this universe when it comes to finding the slot. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL hilarious! this just gets better and better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great fun! Will they ever work it out?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so envy your ability to do the sci-fi thing! Your pieces are always so visual, and yet, they leave room for imagination. I love this.

    Namaste..........cj

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love a good insertion.

    Beam it up Scotty!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! Ahhh, memories! Loved your take on the prompt and Spock's continuing voyage to seek out new slots and boldly go where no Vulcan has gone before. LOL! Brilliant piece, Robyn!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Robyn, You just totally crack me up whenever I visit you. I would love to meet you in person sometime. Although I don't know if my sides could take laughing so much!

    Neat use of the prompt!

    ReplyDelete