InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Z is for Ziggy!

 
These cartoons are courtesy of google images.
I dedicate this month-long challenge to children, with nephew Jeremy topping my list. Much thanks to the animated or more serious characters who agreed (or not) to conduct interviews this month. Sure, I had to promise them 80% of my profits, but a few are altruistic to the core. At least, that sounds good. Right? My point: Have fun reading this or doing something else. Give a child a hug today too!
~~~o~~~o~~~o~~~o~~~o~~~o~~~o~~~o~~~o~~~o~~~o

There's been so much commotion on stage since April Fool's Day, I thought I'd close with a quiet character.

He's endearing, sweet, well-mannered, stocky, bald, and pantless. That's our Ziggy! I couldn't interview him because -well- he doesn't talk, not aloud anyway. But Ziggy's here with some feel-good cartoons, to wrap things up with cheer.

I'm grateful to the hosts/hostesses of this A-Z challenge. You did an amazing job with a huge (to say the least) task, managing all 1200+ participants. I especially appreciated the personal greetings. Wow. Kudos to you!

Thanks to my characters who took the stage, from Alvin to Ziggy and everyone in between. [To those who actually took the stage, like Mr. Magoo and Speed Racer, you owe me some Whatchamacallit.] At any rate, I couldn't have done this without you creatures. What's that? You didn't get your checks yet? Darn mail service!

Highlights included Barney Rubble, Ernie, Puff the Magic Dragon, Winnie The Pooh and Tigger too. Lows included Krusty the Clown and Quagmire. Apologies again.

Our friend Ziggy was created in 1969 by Tom Wilson, former American Greetings executive. Thank you, Tom. We all love and can relate to Ziggy.

It was wonderful making so many new connections in the blogosphere this past month. Thanks to all who followed this series and/or visited and/or became a follower. I'm deeply grateful.

Alex (Cavanaugh), are we done yet? Yeah? PHEW!!! Time for some zzzzz's.

30 comments:

  1. What a lovely end. Well said. Zzzzzz really sums it up right now. Sue@JumpingAground (Alliteration & drabbles)
    Sue@traverselife(Workplace bullying)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering who the heck your 'Z' would be. I never heard of him until now, but I like the look of his nose. It reminds me of a horn that honks when you squeeze it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, lovable Ziggy! Nice ending for A-Z Challenge, Robyn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not thought about Ziggy in years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect way to close! I have always loved Ziggy ... somehow I never noticed his lack of trousers! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice one and congrats of completing the challenge Robyn, I would never have been able to find so many kids characters....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhhh, Ziggy! What a great way to end the A-Z challenge. Whew, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sleep, Perchance to dream- of Jeannie!!

    Love ya sweet lady!!!

    J

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ziggy is adorable, but I do kind of wonder what his deal is about trousers. I think maybe he hasn't really decided yet on the best type for him. How about some jolly baggy pantaloons, sunshine yellow to match his positive outlook? Such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had so much fun with this series! Thanks for bringing back so many memories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great end to the challenge. So glad I came across your blog! Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ziggy is the best ever! my friend Helena's idol!

    happy weekend!

    betty xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Ziggy's positive message. I'm going to read your Mr. Magoo post. I loved that clumbsy, but lucky, guy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, Ziggy! Robyn you did such a wonderful job with your A to Z challenge! I am SO impressed ( as always, ur so so talented)
    I think YOU need a big fat check in the mail!!!!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend in Paradise!
    Lots of love
    and Big Hug and Smooch :)
    gi gi

    ReplyDelete
  15. A fitting end to a lovely series...i hope you visit more characters sometime later...happy weekend .

    ReplyDelete
  16. You really put together a fantastic series. Ziggy is a great closing. Love that little dude.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Robyn, we did it! Congratulations! I have an award for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Robyn, sorry I haven't been around much but this 1282 blogger list is daunting to visit.

    You theme this yeaar was so cool and well done. Ziggy was the perfect ending. I will have to go back and read the ones I missed along the way.

    Look forward to seeing you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good job!!! You finished!!! Wonderful series!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much! I am really relieved. This was harder than I expected. I'm glad you enjoyed the series or snippets of it.
    Hugs xo Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Ziggy! And until right now, I had not noticed that he's not wearing any pants! muahahaha! Congrats on finishing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my I smiled when I saw this, I completely forgot about ZIggy, how did that happen? He is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hehe. You made me smile!

    Congratulations on making it to the end of the challenge. I'm so glad I met you through A to Z and I am looking forward to following your blogging journey.

    Ellie Garratt

    ReplyDelete
  24. High-fiving ya! Now that was a challange that was successfully executed. I've enjoyed reading this series. xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think what's most endearing about Ziggy is that he's so forgetable. Gotta love him.

    Thanks for meeting me at the finish line with Ziggy.

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  26. I forgot about Ziggy. As a kid I loved him! Such an early '80s staple, right?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Can't say I've ever heard of Ziggy here in Oz. But just wanted to say congratulations on getting through them all. That's a lot of work there! Awesome job.

    :)

    ReplyDelete