I'm often bewildered by "National/World Days." Who comes up with this stuff, and why combine things like a dental visit with Oreo cookies? That's awfully strange and hygienically destructive. I'd love your thoughts.
At any rate, happy March!
From the spruce.com, the first week's celebrations follow.
- March 1: National Peanut Butter Lover's Day
There's more than one lover of Peanut Butter. Move that apostrophe!
- March 2: Dr. Seuss's Birthday, National Read Across America Day
- March 3: World Wildlife Day, World Book Day
but we just read across the country in Dr. Seuss' honor yesterday. We're supposed to read all over again, while celebrating wildlife? Okay, but watch out for that...t r e e eeeee
- March 4: National Hug a G.I. Day, National Grammar Day, World Obesity Day, Employee Appreciation Day
Whewee, which G.I. do I get to hug? I hope he's a hottie with good spelling and a big...knowledge of appropriate grammar.
World Obesity Day? Are you kidding me? First off, we celebrate Obesity Day every single day in the United States. But hey, let's enjoy another excuse to eat more donuts and fast food and wash it down with an extra large Starbucks mocha latte espresso whatever with extra whipped cream, carmel and chocolate syrup, not blended, no ice. Thank the fine employees who keep us obese and/or try their damn-dest to get us there. Sorry not sorry that Whoopi has big thoughts on obesity.
March 6: National Dentist's Day and National Oreo Cookie Day
- March 5: National Day of Unplugging (first Friday of every March) Psst, I don't think they mean anything sexual by "unplugging," Tori.
Oh the irony. To indulge before or after visiting your friendly dentist??
- March 7: National Cereal Day
in case you didn't pack enough sugar into your first 6 days of March!