InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Friday, April 22, 2011

T is for Tigger!



I dedicate this month-long challenge to children, with nephew Jeremy topping my list. Much thanks to the animated or more serious characters who agreed (or not) to conduct interviews this month. Sure, I had to promise them 80% of my profits, but a few are altruistic to the core. At least, that sounds good. Right? My point: Have fun reading this or doing something else. Give a child a hug today too.
~~()~~~~o~~*~~~~o~~~[]~~~~o~~~{}~~~~o~~~&~~~~o~~~~~!~~~^!

I'm afraid I couldn't get this character to stabilize for an interview. He bounced around the studio like Richard Simmons on crack in a Jumpy House. Like a bobble-head, I tracked his bouncy, pouncy, flouncy, trouncy fun, fun, fun, fun, fun. I am now wearing a neck brace.

Did you know Tigger's been around since 1928? That's when he entered A.A. Milne's book, The House at Pooh Corner.  Paul Mitchell provided Tigger's original voice, followed by Will Ryan, and then Jim Cummings. Thanks, guys. We love our wonderful, one and only Tigger!

12 comments:

  1. Should have offered him some extract of malt. He would have settled down for that. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow didn't know Tigger's so old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bounce...bounce....bounce!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. TIgger and I have A LOT in common!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wonderful thing about tiggers is...oh, crap, I've forgotten the rest. Ooo hoo!!
    Al's Useless Trivia: Tigger's voice by the ventriloquist, Paul Winchell (I think that was his actual name), also hosted a kids show from New York called 'The Jerry Mahoney Club.' It starred Winchell and his two dummies, Jerry Mahoney (naturally) and his sidekick, Knucklead Smiff.
    God help me for knowing this crap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pooh, Tigger and all their friends were always favourites of mine as a child. Tigger was always a bit bouncy and hyper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good on AA Milne, the stories are beautiful. I'm not so keen on the Disneyfied drawings. My daughter had a maths teacher we nicknamed Tigger, she was really flattered when we told her. She made maths exciting and bounced around enthusiastically - brilliant woman. Sue@JumpingAground (Alliteration & drabbles)
    Sue@traverselife(Workplace bullying)

    ReplyDelete
  8. damn, here i thought t was for TONY... yeah, i know, self-centered me :P lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of the best characters ever...did some one add caffeine to his health drink?

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is a wonderful thing.
    Thanks for loving Tigger too.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete