InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

W is for Winnie the Pooh!

 -courtesy of google images

I dedicate this month-long challenge to children, with nephew Jeremy topping my list. Much thanks to the animated or more serious characters who agreed (or not) to conduct interviews this month. Sure, I had to promise them 80% of my profits, but a few are altruistic to the core. At least, that sounds good. Right? My point: Have fun reading this or doing something else. Give a child a hug today too.

~~~~~x~~~~~o~~~~~x~~~~~o~~~~~x~~~~~o~~~~~x~~~~~o~~~~~x
Robyn: Today, I proudly present the world's most wonderful example of friendship, love, and loyalty. He’s whimsical and witty. We all adore him. I'm talking, of course, about Winnie the Pooh!

Winnie the Pooh walks in with confidence and calm. The audience goes wild.

Robyn: I can’t believe you’re here. I’m truly honored. Thank you! Thank you, Pooh Bear!

Winnie the Pooh: Sure-tainly.

Robyn: Sweet bear, we’re going through tough times throughout the world. You’re always good with words of comfort. I’d like to ask you to share some of your favorite Winnie-isms, say, from your Little Instruction Book or any of your films.

Winnie the Pooh: Sure-tainly. Here goes.

A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.

If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.

Always watch where you are going. Otherwise, you may step on a piece of the Forest that was left out by mistake.

If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart.. I’ll always be with you.

It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?"

If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever.

Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.

And, finally...Winnie sighs before his finally statement.

Some people care too much, I think it's called love.

Robyn: Pooh Bear, you’re so special. Thank you so much! Robyn and Winnie share a hug.

Winnie: Sure-tainly. Pooh waves to the crowd and strolls off the stage.
~~
Winnie the Pooh was created by A. A. Milne and illustrated by E. H. Shepard. The first book of the series, Winnie-the-Pooh, was published in 1926. Stephen Slesinger purchased trade rights in 1931, and Pooh quickly became a $50 million per year business. Disney took Pooh aboard in the 1960s and our lovable bear keeps going strong. Since the 1970s, Pooh was voiced by three actors: Sterling Holloway, Hal Smith and Jeff Cummings. Plan to enjoy the next Winnie the Pooh movie this summer.  I am grateful to this site for the above quotes:
http://www.great-inspirational-quotes.com/

Thanks to all who've brought us Winnie the Pooh. He will stay in our hearts forever.

14 comments:

  1. I don't think it is possible to look at or think about pooh bear without smiling...cept I have to admit I am kind of partial to eeyore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicest guest so far!
    Remember those window shades for cars featuring Pooh? I used to tell people they had poo on their car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this was the best one so far!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a crush on Christopher Robbin when I was a small child. Sorry I had to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pooh is so wise. The stepping on the piece of forrest was a brilliant piece of advice. Can't believe this A2Z is almost done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this one - Pooh has the warmest soul!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love, love love pooh!

    have a great day, my sweet friend!

    betty xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore Pooh! Probably in part due to my Eeyore personality! The Pooh quotes were wonderful. Almost teared me up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a sweet one. Pooh has always been my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That pooh bear really knows his stuff! I loved this post! Blessings, Joanne...folllowing you from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww...such a sweet post! I love Pooh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are the Best--sorry I have been absent--but I still LOVE YA MEAN IT!!!!

    Hugs,

    LYMI,

    J

    ReplyDelete
  13. A cute post for a cute bear....i agree about the forest ...better in the mouth than at the feet. :)

    ReplyDelete