InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

K is for Krusty the Clown, aka Herschel Shmoikel Pinchas Yerucham Krustofski!


I dedicate this month-long challenge to children, with nephew Jeremy topping my list. Much thanks to the animated or more serious characters who agreed (or not) to conduct interviews this month. Sure, I had to promise them 80% of my profits, but a few are altruistic to the core. At least, that sounds good. Right? My point: Have fun reading this or doing something else. Give a child a hug today too.

~~()~~~~o~~~&~~~~o~~~[]~~~~o~~~{}~~~~o~~~&~~~~o

Robyn: Folks, please welcome Mr. Herschel Shmoikel Pinchas Yerucham Krustofski, otherwise known as Krusty the Clown.

Krusty saunters in, smoking a cigarette and winking at the audience. Hey, hey kids! He dips his left hand  onto his coat pocket and pulls out a kippah[1]Do you have some bobbi pins?

Robyn: Sure. She reaches into her bra and pulls out three bobbi pins and a piece of Bazooka ABC[2] gum.

Krusty grabs the items with his free hand. He presses the gum onto the top of his head-- Extra security, he grimaces --  and fastens the kippah to his three longest hairs.

Robyn: You're smoking!

Krusty: No kiddin.' I heard you're Jewish and desperate and all. I promised dad I'd look my best for this one.

Robyn: No, I mean, you're smoking. There's no smoking at Life by Chocolate. I need you to put that cigarette out.

Krusty: That's not good. He crushes the cigarette on his pants, then tosses it over his left shoulder.

Robyn: Thanks. Tell us Krusty, how are things with your dad, Rabbi Hyman?

Krusty: After our 25 year shabbatical, the Hyman's come around. Lisa and Bart eased him back in. They're a little young, but very precocious. Yeah, now Papa Hyman's fine with me clowning around and not going to yeshiva. Wanna go out?  He said I should ask. I'll give you forty bucks.


Robyn: Well, no. I read you've been married 15 times, and Sophie's your love child with Mia Farrow. That's a tad wrong.

Krusty, sighing: She's a good girl, that Sophie.

Robyn: I'm afraid they're signaling me to wrap up. You might shorten your birth name, Mr. Herschel Shmoikel Pinchas Yerucham Krustofski, before the next interview. Thanks for joining us, Krusty!

We have Matt Groening (creator of The Simpsons) to thank for Krusty the Clown. Krusty premiered on the Tracy Ullman show in 1989, along with other Simpson characters. He continues as a high and low light of the show, now in its 22nd season.
--------------------------------
[1] Kippah = Beanie worn by Jewish men and sometimes women. Even less frequently, by clowns.
[2] ABC = juvenile term from back in the day for "already been chewed" (i.e., gross.).

16 comments:

  1. I never knew what the clown looked like or if he even exists.
    Thanks Robyn ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, please tell me you will be interviewing Sideshow Bob too! - G

    ReplyDelete
  3. What was his father thinking. You're way too young for Krusty. He was like 45 when the show debuted. He's got to be pushing 70.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious. You should write for the Simpsons. Maybe I'd start watching again. I didn't realize KRusty was an original original character. I thought he came along a couple years later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah! And your blog will be featured Thursday for L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice interview! Yay, Krusty =)
    Happy K Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA HA HA...I love it when you post about things that I adore also. Krusty is a terrific character. Like Homer it's all his faults that make him so funny - that and the fact that he never get's that it's his fault when things go wrong for him. Anyone with enemies like Sideshow Bob has really got something going for him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This dude is a little too creepy for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He just always disturbed me a wee bit...which honestly is kinda hard to do ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that's a name!!! He always cracks me up. great post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny post.

    Stopping by via A through Z and especially had to say hello since we share a name - your middle, my first. So, hello and nice to meet ya! ;)

    ~alana
    (blogging my way a through z at http://writercize.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's still a bit crazy that the Simpsons is still going.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also love Krusty and when we found out his dad was a rabbi and all of that, hilarious. Did you know if you remove the green hair he is basically the drawing of homer's face. I am sure you did, you seem to be a big Simpsons fan and I am too! I have been watching them since they were on the Tracy Ullman show!! Great post (they are all so great and creative!)

    ReplyDelete