InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

D is for Dudley Do-Right of the Mounties!

I dedicate this month-long series to children, with nephew Jeremy topping my list. Much thanks to the animated or more serious characters who agreed (or not) to conduct interviews this month. Sure, I had to promise them 80% of my profits, but a few are altruistic to the core. At least, that sounds good. Right? My point: Have fun reading this or doing something else. Give a child a hug today too.

~~~o~~~~o~~~o~~~~o~~~o~~~~o~~~o~~~~o~~~o~~~~o

Dudley Do-Right of the Mounties agreed to an interview, only after I promised twice the salary of the next highest paid character (Barney Rubble). We sit here now in he living room of his penthouse suite overlooking the Mounties. 

Robyn: Dudley, tell me -

Dudley Do-Right, interrupting, leans in close to Robyn's face, mustering a deep, dark voice:                     Call me - pause - Studley.

Robyn: No thanks. Tell me, your long sought after Miss Nell Fenwick appears more interested in your horse named Horse than she does in you, Mr. Dud...ley. How do you feel about that?

Dudley Do-Right removes a compact from his pocket and flips open the mirror to eye himself. Brushing his hand through his hair, he gives himself a wink. Would you like some wine?

Robyn: No thanks. I don't drink unless the guy's worthy. I'm a lightweight.

Dudley Do-Right, interrupting: I was addressing myself, not you. He pours himself a glass of Cheap Chuck's. Now, did you ask about Horse? Nell is playing a good game of hard-to-get. Chuckle. I assure you, even Mr. Ed would rather have me than Horse. This I know for sure. It's a fact. He pats himself on the back in a self-congratulatory manner and appears to reminisce.

Robyn: I'm not touching that one. You're a sick and twisted man. Tell me, have you ever actually caught Snidley Whiplash without the help of, say, clever cartooning?

Dudley Do-Right gulps his glass of wineDo you have any interesting questions? You're an awful waste of my precious time.

Robyn: I'm done with you, Dud.  Robyn leans in close to Dudley: one last thing, sir, you're ALL THAT and bag of  *bleep* minus the "ALL THAT." Before I leave The Mounties, will you permit me to, um, visit Horse? Ignoring her, Dudley smiles at his image in the mirror. Robyn walks out the front door, turning her head in either direction - looking for Horse, it seems.

All credit to Jay Ward Productions and Total Television for this character. Dudley Do-Right of the Mounties aired from April, 1969 through September, 1970.

20 comments:

  1. For a girl who watches little TV you seem well versed in the basics. You should interview cartoon characters for a living.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds a lot like those online dating duds you speak about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for Dudley - sounds like a winner, Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would have liked that series! I enjoyed your interview with him:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I was thinking just what Ms. A wrote. LOL. Loved the convo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fun...i have had the privilege of his on screen company but that makes me glad....his horse getting chosen over him is a definite 2digit minus points.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You cut Dudley to the quick! He sounds like one of those conceited jackasses Westerners talk about--"All hat and no ranch"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE it!

    You crack me up darling!

    Love ya, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. ADSL, thanks! xo

    Kal, I watch no Tv to make up for my zombie hours at the tube (24/7) all my life until a few years ago. Dudley kept me entertained. ;0)

    MsA and MF, me too! I fantasized about a more violent ending (with me the victor) but scaled down. xo

    David, thank you. [-:

    jabb, it was really fun and well done. xo

    Rek, yeah, actually I could measure the quality of men around here that way. There are lots of horse owners. Thanks. =o)

    OT, glad you do. Thanks. xo

    Margaret, never heard that phrase. It's a great one! Thank you. <-:

    Lisa, thanks. Big, big hugs to you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, he always seemed so nice on TV. I guess that just means he's a good actor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hah, I like this Dudley! The last person I heard use the word "studley" was the Governator himself. He used it to describe himself, of course. Did you vote for him, Robyn?

    ReplyDelete
  12. *giggles*
    I stopped by as part of the A-Z Challenge!
    gigglelaughcry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was fun, Robyn. :-)

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, Dudley Do-Right's horse was named "Horse?" We were JUST discussing that last Friday (it was a slow day). We knew his girlfriend's name and we knew the villian was Snidley Whiplash (right?) but none of us could remember his horse's name. Robyn, you have done a public service for public employees ruminating on the specifics of kids' cartoons. Thank you. You're a boon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Call me Studly" LOL!!! Thanks for the giggles...you crack me up, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. GB, I don't discuss politics. But if Arnie could correcly pronounce the state he governs, he still wouldn't have my vote. xo

    Al, yes, Snidley Whiplash was the villian and Nell was the girlfriend. His horse is Horse. Not too original but rather comedic. I only know all this because of my extensive research. This A-Z thing is a bear, isn't it? ;0)

    Thank you, all! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. More awesomeness from Miss Robyn!!! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmmm...I don't know of Mr. Dudley, but he sounds awfully weird...

    ReplyDelete