InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cling-on Warning! A Saturday Centus

Jenny Matlock
The Saturday Centus challenges us to write a piece within 100 words, based on a prompt. I encourage you to jump aboard. It's great practice, and I've met wonderful peers this way. Plus, Jenny's our favorite teacher.


Admittedly, it's been difficult to overcome last week's harsh critique. Thus, this post may be more warped than ever. Still, I'm continuing my sci-fi spoof from two weeks ago [here]. Miss Jenny made us use this unappealing photo as our prompt. Sorry, sorry. It's not my fault. Well, it is. Have a happy Easter, regardless!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cling-on Warning!

"Rita, do you have the -um- protective device?"

"No, Spock. The guy's apposed to take care of that."

"But I, I, I...didn't."

"Don't worry, Spocky. We're standing up."

"Okay Rita. Here goes."

The screen abruptly blackens. Next, this horrid photo of a blue Hue Heffer appears.

James Earl's voice returns in rhyme:

"Premature exploration - the kind bunnies do all day -

creates ramifications, er 'cling-ons.' Shall we say?

Lil dippers, heed this warning.

Don't hop o'er that gate.

For a moment of  adventure,

The price may be too great."

16 comments:

  1. I think I am going blind with this imagery. :D~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how you pulled that one off, but you sure did!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Robyn,
    Wow. How to keep your story going?
    I think that I have been smitten by you and other participants who have a series. Quite spontaniously, I have a character who does not want to go away. She has even made me break the 100-word-rule!

    Thank you so much for your kind words about my way-too-long story. I have made things worse by writing a second part. All you have to do read it is to go back to the same post and scroll down a bit. I am including a link at the end of this comment.

    By the way, is the photo of the red-headed curly-haired child with chocolate around the mouth possibly you? Really sweet photo! Beautiful child!


    Best wishes,
    Anna

    Anna's SC-51-Harvey's Place

    ReplyDelete
  4. :0) This is good. Very good! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Ames on this! What a total hoot! Robyn you are just amazing--your mind is like a, a, oh, I just don't know!! HAHAHAA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Premature exploration." Robyn you are a pure genius.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilarious and cool read... no bunnies in the oven, beware ...the warning's been given.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, Rek - "Bunnies in the oven" <--so good.

    I love you all. Thanks for enjoying this one. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Hey, I too referrenced Hugh Heffner! Stop in & read Defected Mansion

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hilarious!
    Thanks for the good laugh. :-)

    Big hugs
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What Judie said - squared!

    Namaste..........cj

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Robyn, that was a hoot and a half. I am still amazed your story continues...that takes real talent to string together prompts week after week !!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heehee!!! I love the undertones in these posts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, silly people, for indulging my sillyness.

    Marlene, undertones? I don't know what you're talking about. ;0)

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are total, complete and wonderful nut!

    I have no idea how you've kept this going. You are just so wickedly creative.

    ReplyDelete