InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

J is for Jimmy and His Magic Flute!


I dedicate this month-long challenge to children, with nephew Jeremy topping my list. Much thanks to the animated or more serious characters who agreed (or not) to conduct interviews this month. Sure, I had to promise them 80% of my profits, but a few are altruistic to the core. At least, that sounds good. Right? My point: Have fun reading this or doing something else. Give a child a hug today too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Robyn: Thank you for leaving Living Island, the set of HR Pufnstuf, for this interview.

Jimmy: What? Whe, where am I?

Robyn: You're on stage at Life by Chocolate.

Jimmy: Chocolate? What's that? 

Robyn: It's what sustains me, Jimmy. I need it, the same way you need Freddy your magic flute.

Jimmy pulls Freddy out of his pocket and strokes it lovingly. I hear you don't have access to one of these. He smirks.

Robyn's face turns red. Gimme that flute, girly-boy! I'll get it if it's the last thing I do.

Jimmy tightens his grip on Freddy and makes a beeline for Living Island.  Robyn chases him but trips on a mushroom patch, bumps her head, and gets knocked out. Will she be okay to write a K post? Suspense builds. (Hint: she may be faking it to get out of this A-Z thing.)

HR Pufnstuf was produced by Sid and Marty Kroft. Jack Wild played Jimmy. This fun, fantastical show aired from 1969-1971. I loved watching it!  Did you?




18 comments:

  1. Witchiepoo was the ultimate in funky wickedness. Did she scare you, Robyn?

    I don't know whether you ever saw Pufnstuf the movie. Here is Witch Hazel (Mama Cass) singing 'Different'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly I have never heard of it...apparently I was a mere vision when it was airing and never caught the re-runs...seems as though I should have though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of it either....but I do hope your fake goose egg goes away soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful--just like our Robyn....I have read all--but have been a little "down in my back", so comments have been sparse.

    Beautiful-Beautiful work!

    LYMI,

    J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Selfish little flute smuggling so and so. I bet he keeps his 'stash' in there. Oh, he's Pufnstuff alright.

    Not a chance on the getting out of the challenge that easy. There's too many good K possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had never heard of this flute boy until now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember the name, but never saw it.
    69-71? I guess we didn't get that channel in Vietnam...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Betty, it's the haircut! Jack Wild was adorable and two of my boys had that same haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS: I loved him as the Artful Dodger, in Oliver.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute post :) I never watched the show though !!

    Following you from A-Z challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post...he can keep his flutes, magic and all...we have something better than even an aphrodisiac. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know which is sadder:
    The fact that I also know Jimmy was the Artful Dodger (as Ms. A) and that his name was Jack Wild.
    or
    That I know all the words to the HR Pufnstuf theme song.

    The more I think about it, though, the fact that Jimmy used to blow a "magic flute" is a little gay (not that there's anything wrong with it).
    "Who's your friend when things get rough?"

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think everyone needs a magic flute! How fun would that be :)
    Jimmy was before my time, sounds like a lovely lil fellow tho!
    I love your claim of chocolate sustaining you, I'm with ya!
    Love ya
    gi gi

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVED this show!! Witchy-poo was my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved that show when I was a kid! I ordered the magic flute from Cheerios. I saved up my allowance for weeks. I was so disappointed when it turned out to be just a piece of cheap plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah Jimmy! Yes I did! I bought the entire series.. all 16 eps, but still havent watched anybar the first as my step kids wree like..what the hell? they just didnt get it.. lol...

    I'll have to introduce Tilly to them..Thanks for the reminder!

    x

    ReplyDelete