InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Latest in Chocolate & The Frisky Virgin

I. The Chocolate Creme Twinkie

An old time favorite, the Twinkie, was born back in 1930. Over the years, Hostess has grown to produce over 500 million Twinkies per year.  In 2011, they introduced this baby. While it's not "the latest" in chocolate, I never saw the Chocolate Creme Twinkie in stores until recently.  Needless to say, I took it upon myself to sample one, and then another...

The chocolate is not high quality, but I'm not picky about chocolate. It's not the old time classic. If you were/are a Twinkie fan, you might deem this product "wrong." I was/am more of a Ding Dong fan, so I'm good with the Chocolate Twinkie. Actually, I like it. I write this without excitement. It's pretty good and worth a try.

I give the Hostess Chocolate Creme Twinkie a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

II. On an entirely different note, see my interview with a long-time blog friend,The Frisky Virgin, here. She's stellar. It's worth the read!

18 comments:

  1. I might have to try that! Does it have the same shelf life? Will it survive a hundred years?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a Twinkie in decades, but I've also never seen a chocolate Twinkie. I'm a huge fan of Ding Dong's... and I haven't even had that in ages. Dang, I feel deprived.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate Twinkie, eh? I think I'd like it better with Chocolate Cake and the original cream filling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a Ding Dong fan?
    In the spirit of the new year, I'm going to let that softball sail right over the plate.
    :-)

    Don't worry, apparently Ms. A is also a huge fan of Ding Dongs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the record, I'm kinda fond of my ding dong. I never leave home without it.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a better idea than it probably is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds pretty delicious to me Robyn. We don't really have Twinkies over here but I can see what all the hype is about, that looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed that interview – particularly her words, “Remember the big picture” – which we should endeavor to do in all things…
    Right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never a fan of them but my Ding Dong, now that's another story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do they still make Ho-Hums? Don't Ding Dongs gravitate to Ho-Hums? I never knew that there were chocolate filled Twinkies before. Great interview with the Frisky Virgin! I hope that many teenagers are listening to her message. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are all so funny, especially those of you commenting on your Ding Dongs. Hmm, when I said I like Ding Dongs, I meant I like the chocolate, creme filled cake with swirly white frosting across the top. Otherwise, Al, I'm not much of a fan.

    Alex, I believe it will outlast the cockroaches.

    Beth, yes, thanks.

    PatH, do tell. On second thought, I need not know. =)

    David, yeah, one reviewer wrote that they look like sh*t. I'm not quite as harsh.

    Julie, I think they still make Ho-Hums. I also hope teens read that too. It would be helpful. Don't know

    Thanks for making me laugh, everyone. I really needed it.

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never seen chocolate that looks so much like corned beef! I'll take your word for it, Robyn!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously?? I have never seen those. I'll have to keep my eyes open for them. Thank you for keeping us in the know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love a frisky virgin!
    However that photo scares me. haha

    When I was growing up, I'd often see Twinkies advertised in comics and wondered about them, as they were never sold in Australia and still arent.

    However, that photo makes me think that I didnt miss out.

    Yet, I do have a Ding Dong. No chocolate in sight.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Twinkies don't do a thing for me. Now deep-fried twinkies? That's another story. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was never a Twinkie fan, so I'd probably not eat it. BUT, ding dongs and those Hostess chocolate cupcakes that come in a package of two were my favorites! I want/need one right now!

    ReplyDelete