InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Rainbows, Butterflies, and She Who Seeks

My Dear Sillies,

There's so much love here in blogland, and in the universe. It's important to remember this - especially with the atrocities going on in the Middle East. 

Sometimes the best we can do is send out love (and/or prayers, blessings, earnest hope for real change). Though this feels dismally insufficient, it's the most humane option, and it's desperately needed. 

"Evil exists in the part. Perfection exists in the whole. I can choose this latter view, not that I always should, but I always can." -Hugh Prather

Having a balanced perspective is both healthy and necessary. That said, let's shift toward rainbows. I was gifted with a most beautiful glass rainbow piece by blogland's fantabulous Debra She Who Seeks.   How gorgeous is this? Answer: More gorgeous than it appears here. It's Debra's first attempt at glass work. I told her that I love it, so she went to the trouble and expense of shipping it to me from Canada. I'm a lucky gal!

Where there are rainbows, there are butterflies. This one posed for me for over 20 minutes a couple days ago. To my delight.


The butterfly is a sign of freedom, transformation, hope, and faith. 

May your days be filled with equally beautiful sights and acts of loving kindness. 

Love you, my Silliest of Sillies.


21 comments:

  1. Well timed and beautifully said. Thanks! And that glass rainbow is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Isn't it, Alex? Its texture, which I couldn't quite capture, is really impressive too.

      Delete
  3. Compassion, kindness and love are always needed. That is a glorious rainbow, something that immediately improves every day. What a wonderful gift to a wonderful person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure hope you been well sweet cheeks!!!! You're always a bright spot in our community and provide fun and laughs. And I have long said that Debs is good people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debs is the goodest of all. Thank you, sweets. Hugs to you.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photos. Let's hope there's peace there soon. It's just so horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't remember the last Monarch I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I LOVE THIS. Great timing. Synchronicity in the universe, it's a beautiful thing.

      Delete
  7. Pretty! I used to do stained glass and it's challenging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine it's incredibly challenging. I also imagine I cut and scrape myself up too much.

      Delete
  8. Oh, I WONDERED where that damn glass thing went. Just the other day I leapt on top of my human's sideboard planning to KNOCK IT OFF onto the floor and BREAK it so I didn't have to LOOK at it anymore, but it was GONE! Thanks for clearing up the MYSTERY of its DISAPPEARANCE. One way or another, I'm now a HAPPY CAT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, Dear HRH, I was quietly hoping you wouldn't show up here. I like you but your comments are not always of the amicable kind. Now why would you want to break this beautiful treasure? You are most certainly not invited to my abode. I am glad that you're a happy cat in its absence. I'm a happy human in its presence.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the shout-out, Robyn, and I'm so glad you like the fused glass rainbow art. I apologize for HRH coming here and annoying you. She is such an uncontrollable brat when she wants to be, which is pretty much all the time. But cats -- gotta love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're such a blessing, Debra. HRH, not so much. But yeah, we still love her. Sigh.

      Delete
  10. Lovely glass piece - that does bring joy and butterflies are just wonderful. Was at a friends last week and a hummingbird stopped and truly posed for us on her patio. That was indeed a happy moment.
    Oh the world.....alas, so much hatred and horror for so many innocent lives. We just have to hope that somehow there is more love than hate, and the love has to win the war of minds, hearts, media, etc. Hugs to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Love has to win. Love does win. Hugs back to you, my friend. Thank you.

      Delete