InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Self-Googling for Public Voyeurism

Dear Sillies,

This is the only Yogi I've been drawn to. Well, not this particular one, the cartoon version.  Retired Jellystone Park Cartoon Icon 9" Plush Yogi Bear Doll

Do you do yoga? I've been googling myself, and it's not as stimulating as it sounds. I learned that Robyn Engel is a beloved yoga teacher in the San Francisco Bay Area.

"She (Robyn Engel) has a beautiful vocabulary and speaks amazing sentences to the class. So much so that I glean words from her and dwell on them all week."  

-yogi who loves Robyn Engel

    Girlfriend, Seriously? You dwell on Robyn Engel's f*bleep*n verbiage from Robyn Engel's f*bleep*n amazing sentences, all week long? That's just what a hippie dippie yogi who's inhaled far too much organics would do. Get help, child. Er, glean positivity vibrations from whence professional assistance hath made itself accessible to thine flexibility. 

   I mean, I hate yoga. It's supposed to calm you. How can it calm a person to balance on one foot, while placing the other such as to form a perfect triangle with one thigh holding still, parallel to the floor and only slightly touching the standing leg with the flat of that foot, coordinated so the rest of the class doesn't have to hide their laughter at what an inept tree - buffoon you are in Robyn Engel's class? F*k yoga! Am I right?   

Another person wrote of Engel VERY NICE AND CUTE BUT  NOT MUCH ELSE

This person's describing the Engel cooler. 

Or are they?19-Quart Cooler/Dry Box thumbnail 1


Do you google yourself? What do you find? Or do you prefer to keep this to yourself? (I respect that too.)

Love you regardless, Sillies.

27 comments:

  1. I never thought of it. I was going to write a bit tonight, but I think I better google myself first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What did you find, my friend? I'm curious.

      Delete
    2. There was a whole lot of the real me there. But then I found that I am also an audiologist in a town only 45 minutes away! I had no reviews as an audiologist...I thought about giving my girl a 5 star rating, but then I worried...what if audiology Elizabeth Seckman isn't nearly as wonderful as the WV southern version is? LOL

      There was also an Elizabeth Seckman in Maidsville...poor thing...hope she's not working as hard as her town name.

      Delete
    3. Ha! It's fun and informative, right? Good to see a whole lot of the real you, Elizabeth. I find a whole lot of my most random and silliest of blog posts, it's great.
      We'll keep good thoughts for Elizabeth Seckman in Maidsville.

      Delete
  2. It's been a while since I Googled my name.
    I don't get yoga/yogi either. No wait, I get Yogi - he just wanted his picnic basket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alex. It's in every damn self help and stress relief book, seemingly. Yet it drives me angsty. And yeah, Yogi just wanted his pic-a-nic baskets. (I can't believe how much I loved that annoying cartoon. Smiles.)

      Delete
  3. There's someone with my legal name who is a puppeteer in the USA. She appears to work a lot of Renaissance Fairs. Nice. I've even googled "She Who Seeks" to see who else is using that name. Found various religious types, including a Mormon lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure about that Mormon, Debra, but the Renaissance Faire puppeteeer sounds like a cool representative of your name.

      Delete
  4. I found out I'm a trombone player in the Czech Republic. Apparently I'm really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to google myself but I find it so tiresome to be reminded of my criminal past. But what I really got tired of was reading about my history as a 3-story building built in 1887 in Winnipeg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're referring to the Mitchell-Copp Building on Portage Avenue in Winnipeg, I know it well. The law firm I worked for was just down the street from it.

      Delete
    2. See, Mitchell-Copp, it's not so bad. Debra knows your structure quite well.

      Delete
    3. Even better than that, we have the same last name “The Mitchell Block.”

      Delete
    4. Yay! Moving with Mitchell Block for the win!

      Delete
  6. F yoga and Pilates too. The few times I've tried, the goal is to not fart in the class.... Now I have to google myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. Oh, that too, Joanne. Trying not to fart and/or hoping nobody will know it was you (i.e., me) who farted. Another reason I say f*k yoga!

      Delete
  7. Ha! Nothing does anything for me now. No way can I lose weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. It seems tough or impossible for me too.
      Sorry, NRB.

      Delete
  8. I've learned that Ken Lynch was an admired character actor.
    A dead character actor.
    So, there's that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dead, huh? But admired nonetheless. I hope he was admired before his demise.

      Ken Lynch is a strong, authorly name that I'm proud to have on my book cover. There's that too!

      Delete
  9. I used to, back in the day when blogging and chat rooms were all the rage. Only found a couple of vapid blog entries about me, and that was about it. I've been fortunate enough that people who I've annoyed would tell me point blank.

    Although, the other day I got a spammy e-mail from a vanity press pimping their marketing prowess...only for them to send me a cover shot of an author from CA who has a different middle initial from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. It's a weird world, an even weirder e-world, GB. I'm usually fortunate enough too to get the verbal assaults in real life. Lucky us.

      Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  10. I used to write articles for Yahoo so I do find my articles online. I also find other websites steal my articles and use them as their own. lol I find a lot of my old rat and hamster pictures on Google as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, now I have to google me and see what I can learn. Laughing about your description of trying to be calm while performing a yoga tree. I do do yoga, not as regularly as I should.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Yogi and Boo Boo. As for yoga....I could hurt myself if I do any of the screwed up moves. I’m too elastic so no yoga for me besides...no matter how much they say, it does not look relaxing to be in those poses. When I google my name only my persona comes up including my google reviews, thankfully,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey friend, it is very well written article, thank you for the valuable and useful information you provide in this post. Keep up the good work!
    wordpress
    blogspot
    youtube
    ហ្គេមស្លត់

    ReplyDelete