InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Thursday, July 22, 2021

Justin Two's Nice Tulips and Two Lips

Dear Sillies,

To recap, Jesus had interrupted our discourse two nights earlier; drunken Jesus needed a ride home. Justin Two (JT) said he'd be at this night's show, though. 

Without a way to contact JT, I sat on a wooden bench in front of the stage, pretending to not be nervous about whether or not he'd show. I hope, hope, hope he shows. Nah. Don't get your hopes up. Forget about him. They always disapp-- JT came strolling through the area, confidently. He wore a friendly grin and casual attire. 

I approached with arms extended. 

"I'm the hugging type," I said. "Hope that's o--" JT wrapped his sturdy forearms around me for a brief embrace. 

After the show, which went well --"You did great," he'd told me -- JT suggested we talk somewhere peaceful, perhaps his front porch. Woohoo! I wasn't the only one who was annoyed by drunken Jesus' interruption. 

Free-flowing chatter ensued at a small black table by JT's front window. JT had lit a candle to illuminate the otherwise pitch dark setting. A tall thin glass holding tulips centered the table. 

"Pretty flowers," I said, and he told me that they're plastic. 

We learned of quite a few commonalities. Neither of us drinks or smokes. Neither of us owns a TV. Each of us opens the passenger's side car door first, when driving with a passenger. (This one I learned when I accepted a ride to his place. Afterall, he'd assured me that he's safe. I suggested, jokingly, that I might not be.  He seemed fine with that.)  

JT, like me, is divorced.
 
"I'm not looking for an open relationship," I told him. "That seems to be what all the men I've been dating lately want."

"That isn't really a relationship."

"I agree." Phew. Wow. Is he for real?

Time flew. It was 1 a.m.

JT pulled one of the tulips from the vase and handed it to me. "You'll get real ones later."

At my car, we hugged, and then there was a brief moment of looking at each other, and then his two lips were on my two lips. We shared two sweet kisses.

"I didn't expect that," he said. 

I was hoping, I thought. But not hoping too much, because you know how I've been so disappointed again and again and again, and then so disappointed again, by men. 

***

This happened in early June. 

The tulip, positioned atop a heart shaped candle, centers my kitchen table now. 

Psst, JT's coming over tonight. 

26 comments:

  1. Details. And pictures. I want details and pictures.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I've been taking pictures, though they're a lot less XRated than the ones you're requesting. Perhaps I'll send video privately, in exchange for film of you and WDW.
      Love you.

      Delete
    2. I've already posted a photo of his butt on my blog. I don't think he'll agree to anything else.

      Delete
    3. Wait, how did I miss that? Well, perhaps it's for the best. =) (I don't want to be tempted by another man's butt. I like JT's.)

      Delete
  2. This sounds promising. You were up front and he didn’t give you any crap. You both enjoyed each other’s company and no holding back with. Nice kiss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Birgit. We're just ourselves with each other. Who'd have thought it could be so uncomplicated? Not I. Fingers and toes are still crossed over here, though.
      Thank you.

      Delete
  3. So sweet! Tulips -- the flowers of luuuuuv!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now they are my favorite. Tulips, two lips - way better than roses. Every which one has its thorns, as we know.

      Thanks for your cheer, Debra.

      Delete
  4. Very, very promising.
    Next installment please. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks for your support, EC.
      I'll definitely share more. =)

      Go gently.

      Delete
  5. "...so disappointed again, by men."
    Not all of us are like that. Married 45 years next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOOHOO!!! That's awesome, Mike. It's very nice to now learn about more of the good, loyal, solid ones. Congratulations (almost). That's impressive. Lucky you and your spouse.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I do too, Mitchell. Thanks so much. It's great to have my bloggies' cheer and support.

      Delete
  7. Oooh yes! A happy middle bit (I won't be presumptuous enough to call happy ending...) I've had my fingers crossed for you after your past tales 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very much appreciate it, Annalisa.
      I still have my fingers crossed, yet we're doing pretty darn good thus far. xo

      Delete
  8. Very nice. Seems things are going great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. Yes, it's going well. It's actually fun and low-stress, as love should be but never was before for me.

      Delete
  9. Ooooh, sounds lovely! More, more, more... We need more details. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Yay. More details are forthcoming, Martha.
      I appreciate your cheer.

      Delete
  10. This makes me so happy!! Stop looking for red flags. If there are any, you will see them. Just enjoy the moment. Hopefully, lots and lots of moments for years to come!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, great advice, Yvonne. The red flags smack us down and are impossible to miss, right? Most often. Well, sometimes. I'll stop looking.
      Hugs.

      Delete
  11. I am just catching up on posts. I really hope this story keeps going on and on sweetly. I like the tulip touch.

    ReplyDelete