I now bring you the finale to my story, Good Lies. It started here, with part 2 here. Onto part 3. I've altered it slightly and left out episodes before I met Joseph. If anyone would like the full 5-page story, feel free to message me here or at Rawknrobyn@aol.com. I'll be happy to forward.
Please be good to yourselves, and stay safe.
In case of emergency: Keep faith and a stash of chocolate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I studied my laptop screen, finding and recording numbers for the few
local emergency rooms. My tears moved faster than the rest of me. Damnit,
Joseph. I was supposed to save you. I can’t do that if you went and dropped
dead on me.

Four nervous hours passed before my phone rang.
Phew. His number. “Joseph?”
“Yeah, it’s me, Robyn. It wasn’t a heart attack. They said it was just anxiety.”
“Oh thank goodness, Joseph.”
“Yeah. Hey, you can call me Joey, by the way.”
“I was so worried about you, Joey.”
“Yeah I’m sorry.”
“No, don’t be sorry. I’m just so glad you’re okay. Where are you now?”
We proceeded to make plans for the next day.
I don’t remember our discourse as much as I do the sense of full-fledged genuine humanness. There were no layers of complication, no unspoken agendas, no shyness or bravado, no artificial pretenses or power-plays – just two human beings, being human together.
Practically speaking, I didn’t help much at all. In fact, Joey spoke competently to FEMA and DMV representatives. He could’ve gotten there on his own or with someone else. He’d still have to wait weeks for a new license plus word from FEMA.
“Someday, I’ve gotta write my story,” he shared en route back.
“That’s great. Writing’s my thing, Joey. I’ll help you with that.”
“Heck yeah. You can publish it for me.”
“I will.” I nodded. “I’m gonna publish your story.” (Note: If you’re reading this, I told the truth. If you’re not reading this, we’re both liars.)
“Perfect,” he grinned.
Back at the Fairgrounds, we stepped out of the car.
“Come over here so I can give you a hug,” he told me.
Joey and I exchanged a warm, grateful hug. “You keep fighting Robyn. I’ll never forget you.”
“Much better days are ahead, Joey. You’re very strong and brave. I’ll be cheering for you all the way.”
He nodded. “We’ll stay in touch.”
At that, Joey imparted a military style salute.
Phew. His number. “Joseph?”
“Yeah, it’s me, Robyn. It wasn’t a heart attack. They said it was just anxiety.”
“Oh thank goodness, Joseph.”
“Yeah. Hey, you can call me Joey, by the way.”
“I was so worried about you, Joey.”
“Yeah I’m sorry.”
“No, don’t be sorry. I’m just so glad you’re okay. Where are you now?”
We proceeded to make plans for the next day.
I don’t remember our discourse as much as I do the sense of full-fledged genuine humanness. There were no layers of complication, no unspoken agendas, no shyness or bravado, no artificial pretenses or power-plays – just two human beings, being human together.
Practically speaking, I didn’t help much at all. In fact, Joey spoke competently to FEMA and DMV representatives. He could’ve gotten there on his own or with someone else. He’d still have to wait weeks for a new license plus word from FEMA.
“Someday, I’ve gotta write my story,” he shared en route back.
“That’s great. Writing’s my thing, Joey. I’ll help you with that.”
“Heck yeah. You can publish it for me.”
“I will.” I nodded. “I’m gonna publish your story.” (Note: If you’re reading this, I told the truth. If you’re not reading this, we’re both liars.)
“Perfect,” he grinned.
Back at the Fairgrounds, we stepped out of the car.
“Come over here so I can give you a hug,” he told me.
Joey and I exchanged a warm, grateful hug. “You keep fighting Robyn. I’ll never forget you.”
“Much better days are ahead, Joey. You’re very strong and brave. I’ll be cheering for you all the way.”
He nodded. “We’ll stay in touch.”
At that, Joey imparted a military style salute.
--
One year since the Camp Fire, sadness and trauma feel as fresh and surreal as ever.
I didn’t save lives.
I’ve luxuriated in safety and security. My path’s been cushioned in ways that I’ve routinely taken for granted.
Still, I did hold the world within view for one man who couldn’t see a thing. How I did that, I don’t know. I was simply a good enough person, who told some good enough lies.
I didn’t save lives.
I’ve luxuriated in safety and security. My path’s been cushioned in ways that I’ve routinely taken for granted.
Still, I did hold the world within view for one man who couldn’t see a thing. How I did that, I don’t know. I was simply a good enough person, who told some good enough lies.

You made a difference to one person - sometimes that's all that matters.
ReplyDeleteDon't downplay your role Robyn. You truly touched some lives, kept us all in the loop, and being a GOOD person counts for a lot.
ReplyDeleteHe might've done all that on his own, but he needed to know someone cared, which you did.
ReplyDeleteI am still left wondering what happened to Joey.
ReplyDeleteGosh, I love you, my dears. I appreciate your feedback.
ReplyDeleteBathwater, I know. I'm still somewhat in wonder. I can tell you that he went to a program (including housing) that we were both excited about -- several months ago. That's a very good thing. I haven't heard from him since, but I'm keeping fingers crossed that he got a chance for a new start and is still on the path of creating a new and improved life.
Have you ever had a person do you a kindness that forever, especially when you have a dark day, reminds you there is good in this world and makes your heart lift a little? That's what you did for Joey and that's no small thing.
ReplyDeleteGosh darnit, my social worker author friend, you sure know what to say to make a gal tear up (in a special way). Much gratitude.
DeleteAll it takes is helping one and you never know how it can spur out from there
ReplyDeleteThat's true. In this story, I quote the Talmud: "Save a life and you will save the world." You expressed this sentiment too. Thanks, Pat.
DeleteI love a story with a happy ending! Especially if it's well written, like this one.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad he found, with your help, the next steps to take to get back to a normal life. Thank you for helping him and others. You make the world a better place by shining your light and just being you.
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل كريازي
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل ال جي
رقم توكيل توشيبا
رقم توكيل يونيون اير
رقم توكيل هايسنس
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل جولدي
رقم توكيل سيمنس
رقم توكيل فريجيدير
رقم توكيل باناسونيك
رقم توكيل هيتاشي
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل بيكو
رقم توكيل الكتروستار
رقم توكيل اريستون
رقم توكيل سوني
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل جالانز
رقم توكيل الاسكا
رقم توكيل البا
رقم توكيل هوفر
رقم توكيل الكترولوكس
رقم توكيل سيتال
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل سميج
رقم توكيل ايه اي جي
رقم توكيل جاك
رقم توكيل سامسونج
رقم توكيل بوش
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل اندست
رقم توكيل دايو
رقم توكيل جنرال اليكتريك
رقم توكيل كلفنييوتر
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل ويرلبول
رقم توكيل زانوسي
رقم توكيل هاير
رقم توكيل ميلا
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل طومسون
رقم توكيل وايت بوينت
رقم توكيل وايت ويل
رقم توكيل ويستنجهاوس
رقم توكيل كاريير
رقم توكيل بوتاجاز توشيبا
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل بوتاجاز سيمنس
رقم توكيل بوتاجاز فريجيدير
رقم توكيل بوتاجاز يونيفرسال
رقم توكيل بوتاجاز سامسونج
رقم توكيل بوتاجاز بوش
رقم توكيل بوتاجاز شارب
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل بوتاجاز دايو
رقم توكيل بوتاجاز اندست
رقم توكيل بوتاجاز يونيون اير
رقم توكيل بوتاجاز تكنوجاز
رقم توكيل بوتاجاز وستنجهاوس
رقم توكيل بوتاجاز وايت ويل
رقم توكيل بوتاجاز وايت بوينت
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل بوتاجازات زانوسي
رقم توكيل بوتاجازات كريازي
رقم توكيل بوتاجازات هايسنس
رقم توكيل بوتاجاز كلفينيتور
رقم توكيل بوتاجاز الكتروستار
رقم توكيل بوتاجازات جاك
رقم توكيل بوتاجاز ال جي
رقم توكيل ثلاجات توشيبا
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل ثلاجات سيمنس
رقم توكيل ثلاجات فريجيدير
رقم توكيل ثلاجات سوني
رقم توكيل ثلاجات يونيفرسال
رقم توكيل ثلاجات سامسونج
رقم توكيل ثلاجات بوش
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل ثلاجات شارب
رقم توكيل ثلاجات دايو
رقم توكيل ثلاجات اندست
رقم توكيل ثلاجات يونيون اير
رقم توكيل ثلاجات وستنجهاوس
رقم توكيل ثلاجات وايت ويل
رقم توكيل ثلاجات وايت بوينت
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل ثلاجات زانوسي
رقم توكيل ثلاجات كريازي
رقم توكيل ثلاجات هايسنس
رقم توكيل ثلاجات كلفينيتور
رقم توكيل ثلاجات الكتروستار
رقم توكيل ثلاجات جاك
رقم توكيل ثلاجات ال جي
رقم توكيل ثلاجات الاسكا
رقم توكيل ديب فريزر فريجيدير
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل ديب فريزر سوني
رقم توكيل ديب فريزر يونيفرسال
رقم توكيل ديب فريزر سامسونج
رقم توكيل ديب فريزر شارب
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل ديب فريزر دايو
رقم توكيل ديب فريزر اندست
رقم توكيل ديب فريزر يونيون اير
رقم توكيل ديب فريزر وستنجهاوس
رقم توكيل ديب فريزر وايت ويل
رقم توكيل ديب فريزر وايت بوينت
رقم توكيل ديب فريزر زانوسي
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل ديب فريزر كريازي
رقم توكيل ديب فريزر هايسنس
رقم توكيل ديب فريزر كلفينيتور
رقم توكيل ديب فريزر الكتروستار
رقم توكيل ديب فريزر جاك
رقم توكيل ديب فريزر ال جي
رقم توكيل ديب فريزر الاسكا
رقم توكيل سخانات توشيبا
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل سخانات سيمنس
رقم توكيل سخانات يونيفرسال
رقم توكيل سخانات سامسونج
رقم توكيل سخانات بوش
رقم توكيل سخانات دايو
رقم توكيل سخانات اندست
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل سخانات يونيون اير
رقم توكيل سخانات تكنوجاز
رقم توكيل سخانات وايت ويل
رقم توكيل سخانات زانوسي
رقم توكيل سخانات كريازي
رقم توكيل سخانات هايسنس
رقم توكيل سخانات جاك
رقم توكيل سخانات ال جي
رقم توكيل شاشات توشيبا
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل شاشات سوني
رقم توكيل شاشات يونيفرسال
رقم توكيل شاشات سامسونج
رقم توكيل شاشات شارب
رقم توكيل شاشات دايو
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل شاشات يونيون اير
رقم توكيل شاشات هايسنس
رقم توكيل شاشات جاك
رقم توكيل شاشات ال جي
رقم توكيل شاشات توشيبا
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل شاشات سوني
رقم توكيل شاشات يونيفرسال
رقم توكيل شاشات سامسونج
رقم توكيل شاشات شارب
رقم توكيل شاشات دايو
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل شاشات يونيون اير
رقم توكيل شاشات هايسنس
رقم توكيل شاشات جاك
رقم توكيل شاشات ال جي
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل شاشات يونيون اير
رقم توكيل شاشات هايسنس
رقم توكيل شاشات جاك
رقم توكيل شاشات ال جي
رقم توكيل غسلات توشيبا
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل غسالات سيمنس
رقم توكيل غسالات فريجيدير
رقم توكيل غسالات سوني
رقم توكيل غسالات يونيفرسال
رقم توكيل غسالات سامسونج
رقم توكيل غسالات بوش
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل غسالات شارب
رقم توكيل غسالات دايو
رقم توكيل غسالات اندست
رقم توكيل غسالات يونيون اير
رقم توكيل غسالات وستنجهاوس
رقم توكيل غسالات وايت ويل
رقم توكيل غسالات وايت بوينت
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل غسالات زانوسي
رقم توكيل غسالات كريازي
رقم توكيل غسالات هايسنس
رقم توكيل غسالات كلفينيتور
رقم توكيل غسالات الكتروستار
رقم توكيل غسالات جاك
رقم توكيل غسالات ال جي
رقم توكيل ميكروويف توشيبا
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل ميكروويف سيمنس
رقم توكيل ميكروويف فريجيدير
رقم توكيل ميكروويف سوني
رقم توكيل ميكروويف يونيفرسال
رقم توكيل ميكروويف سامسونج
رقم توكيل ميكروويف بوش
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل ميكروويف شارب
رقم توكيل ميكروويف دايو
رقم توكيل ميكروويف اندست
رقم توكيل ميكروويف يونيون اير
رقم توكيل ميكروويف وستنجهاوس
رقم توكيل ميكروويف وايت ويل
ReplyDeleteرقم توكيل ميكروويف وايت بوينت
رقم توكيل ميكروويف زانوسي
رقم توكيل ميكروويف هايسنس
رقم توكيل ميكروويف الكتروستار
رقم توكيل ميكروويف جاك
رقم توكيل ميكروويف ال جي
توشيبا
ReplyDeleteسيمنس
فريجيدير
سوني
يونيفرسال
كاريير
سامسونج
ReplyDeleteبوش
شارب
دايو
يونيون اير
تكنو جاز
وايت ويل
وايت بوينت
ReplyDeleteزانوسي
كريازي
هايسنس
كلفينيتور
الكتروستار
جاك
الاسكا
ال جي
اندست
وستنجهاوس
ReplyDeleteمركز صيانة سامسونج
مركز صيانة جاك
مركز صيانة دايو
مركز صيانة باناسونيك
مركز صيانة سوني
ReplyDeleteمركز صيانة بيكو
مركز صيانة توشيبا
مركز صيانة ال جي
مركز صيانة هايسنس
مركز صيانة هيتاشي
ReplyDeleteمركز صيانة كريازي
مركز صيانة كلفينيتور
مركز صيانة الكتروستار
مركز صيانة اندست
مركز صيانة فريجيدير
ReplyDeleteمركز صيانة وايت ويل
مركز صيانة كاريير
مركز صيانة شارب
مركز صيانة زانوسي
مركز صيانة يونيفرسال
ReplyDeleteمركز صيانة بيكو
مركز صيانة توشيبا
مركز صيانة ال جي
مركز صيانة هايسنس
مركز صيانة هيتاشي
مركز صيانة الاسكا
ReplyDeleteمركز صيانة هاير
مركز صيانة سيمنس
مركز صيانة وستنجهاوس
مركز صيانة بوش
مركز صيانة فاجور
ReplyDeleteمركز صيانة تكنوجاز
مركز صيانة يونيون اير
مركز صيانة جليم جاز
مركز صيانة وايت بوينت
مركز صيانة جنرال اليكتريك
ReplyDeleteمركز صيانة سامسونج
مركز صيانة ال جي
مركز صيانة سيمنس
مركز صيانة سوني
مركز صيانة بوش
مركز صيانة جاك
ReplyDeleteمركز صيانة فاجور
مركز صيانة فيوسونيك
مركز صيانة تورنيدو
ReplyDeleteمركز صيانة كريازي
مركز صيانة بيكو
مركز صيانة كينوود
مركز صيانة اندست
مركز صيانة اريستون
مركز صيانة فيليبس
ReplyDeleteمركز صيانة ويرلبول
مركز صيانة زانوسي
مركز صيانة سانيو
مركز صيانة هوفر
ReplyDeleteمركز صيانة يورك
مركز صيانة كولدير
مركز صيانة ايديال
مركز صيانة وايت ويل
مركز صيانة جولدي
ReplyDeleteمركز صيانة بريما
مركز صيانة الكتروستار
مركز صيانة الاسكا
مركز صيانة فريجيدير
ReplyDeleteمركز صيانة هايسنس
مركز صيانة توشيبا
مركز صيانة يونيفرسال
مركز صيانة وايت ليبل
مركز صيانة الكترولوكس
ReplyDeleteمركز صيانة كرافت
مركز صيانة باناسونيك
مركز صيانة طومسون
مركز صيانة دايو
مركز صيانة جنرال اليكتريك
مركز صيانة شارب
ReplyDeleteمركز صيانة كلفنيتور
مركز صيانة ايه تي ايه
مركز صيانة ايكون
مركز صيانة اكاي
ReplyDeleteمركز صيانة الترا
مركز صيانة فوجي
مركز صيانة بي تي سي
مركز صيانة كيرا
مركز صيانة بلوتو