InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Saturday, July 13, 2024

Oh Canada, How I Love and Miss You So! Alex and Pat are almost winners!

Dear Sillies,

WINNERS or ALMOST WINNERS are Alex J. Cavanaugh and Pat Hatt! These blogland stars narrowed things down to Canada and in particular, its Western side. Yes. 

Now, where specifically did Robyn go? There are two airport cities in neighboring provinces, one for my connecting flight. 

Canadian airport city of ---------.

I then flew to another airport city, -------, one province away.


Weather was spectacularly sunny and cloudy with refreshingly light rains. 

Here I met face to face with a fun and witty bloggy. To be revealed.

Third, I flew to my ultimate destination.


I'm here in the area of my ultimate destination. On a tour bus to this famous Lake (Psst "Canadian famous" isn't worldly famous, so you might not have heard of it), the bus driver pointed out Mount Edith on Mom's BDay. I've since pieced together that my dearly departed Mom, Edith Stern Engel, was named after this same Edith. Hugely exciting to learn this. Edith Cavell, heroic nurse, and my beloved Mommy share a brave, saintly, angelic spirit.

Mom's from this province. Her BDay is one day before mine. I connected many dots during and since this wonderful venture.

Okay, I've given too many clues. What Canadian provinces did I bounce around? What Canadian cities did I visit? Where was my ultimate destination, and...which bloggy did I get to spend time with? Drumroll please...

22 comments:

  1. Still clueless - which fills me with shame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey, you're across the world. No shame, please. Ask me anything about Australia or your time zone, I'm clueless.

      Delete
  2. So you flew to Vancouver, then Calgary, then Deb SHS came to see you from Edmonton, then you flew to Jasper to see Edith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WINNER, WINNER, WINNER! You're mostly spot on. Didn't need to fly to Jasper; went past Mr. Edith via bus.

      Delete
    2. Yea! Now as my prize I want you to convince Deb to drive down to St. Louis to see me.

      Delete
    3. Unless you're going to fly to St. Louis next.

      Delete
    4. St. Louis, huh? I mean it doesn't have the same appeal to me, but YOU are there. Will see what I can do.

      Delete
  3. Well mount Edith is in Alberta, so that is where you must have been indeed. Sounds like a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wishing I was back there. Alberta is now my favorite province. Your side of the country is special too.

      Delete
    2. Never been to Alberta so I can't really compare it to here. But heard it's mostly nice. Favorite province sounds like the mostly nice is true haha

      Delete
  4. Pat and I got the country right. I'd also say Vancouver first then somewhere near Alberta.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vancouver in British Columbia for the first stop. That first photo is so Pacific Northwest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vancouver, Calgary, Lake Louise? I didn't know you had Canadian roots, Robyn. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Debbie! I'm very proud of my Canadian roots. It's actually Lake Moraine. I couldn't quite get a good photo of Lake Louise. Too cloudy and crowded.

      Delete
  7. I have to admit, I know almost nothing about Canada. But I'm glad you're having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, we should be taught about Canada in school, but we're not. In my 50s, I'm just starting to learn.
      Thanks, Elizabeth. Been home for a few weeks and I sure do miss the great white north.

      Delete
  8. So happy you explored your roots, saw a blog friend, enjoyed spectacular scenery, and I'm envious of obviously some cooler air. Any lumberjacks fell anything in your direction? Eh? All in all, excellent - I've never been to western Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No lumberjacks this time round. But in the past - sigh. Gorgeous, beautiful, young and manly lumberjacks. Sigh again.

      Delete