InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Tot Readership and InSanity Teaser

Dear Sillies,
   I'm tickled that my writing's reached a new segment of our population: tots. I mean, I don't recommend it for children. However, I readily approve this precious toddler's perusal of Woman on the Verge. She's a friends' child. This wasn't staged. No, this doll grabbed the book from the front room bookshelves, and flipped through it within seconds. I believe her review sounded something like: "k,k, caa daa yip, *hiccup*, *sweet, confused blank stare*, and then 'This book's a hoot!'" WOOHOO! It's every author's dream!

  At last, my upcoming book, InSanity, landed in the editing stage. I've secured a dream team for this. Because I need more than one editor. Typos, ya no know. I'll let that keen eyed editor reveal herself if she chooses. InSanity's going to keep her quite busy. Below's from the first page. Ya know, cuz I like to tease. 
  Be well and safe.
  I love you.

Introduction: Is it Just Me?

 “My mind is a bad neighborhood that I try not to go into alone.”– Anne Lamott

 

  Musings swirl. Then twirl. And hurl. They contort into skilled, agile backflips across a sleek narrow balance beam twisting gracefully to land with breasts pumped outwards. An enthused series of tens from all but the Russian judge ignites suspicion. What a piss ass. He probably needs to get laid. Oy. Why do I go there?   

  Sh*t, is it just me or are everybody’s braincells mysteriously busy boogers, frenetically body-slamming against each other’s elastic membranes, then rebounding full-speed ahead like Martha Stewart at the mention of Chippendale’s most girthy, barely-of-age hottie?

  Am I crazy? Am I not crazy? If I’m crazy, am I crazy for thinking I’m not crazy? But if I’m not crazy, am I not crazy for thinking—my musings hurt. That’s it; I’m not crazy. No? No, no?

  Oh all right, yes. Yes, yes. Check box one, check box two. Cash? No, check. Check please.

  I hate waiting for the check. You know? They’re never quick to bring it. Bring the damn check! Twenty minutes later they act all smiley, flip it under your nose, and say “Take your time.” I already did, honey, waiting for you to bring the damn check! Oy.

   Warmed bed sheets brush briskly against my right calf... 

   


23 comments:

  1. A definitely tempting teaser. I am sooooo looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and then they flit off before you can hand them the credit card in your hand and you get to take even more time!
    Glad the new book is in the editing phase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be fun to watch this one grow up, and share all my writing with her as she does. Poor girl.
      Thank you, Alex.

      Delete
  3. I bet you have a 1950s torpedo bra in your drawer. This sounds like a hoot. The kid has good taste and a taste for chocolate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a sweetie.
      No need for a torpedo bra, Birgit. These girls don't need more going on, and those things look dangerous. Ha. =)

      Delete
  4. Whoa Robyn - your brain is YOUR brain (maybe crazy) and on fire, girlie. Can't wait to read more and happy you are at editing stage. So cool. And I'm proud of any kid that will touch and read a paper book - brilliant child! Cheers my friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the ticket, Robyn -- get those readers hooked when they're young and they'll be your audience for the rest of their lives! That's a great Anne Lamott quotation -- I just love her and have read several of her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Lamott's my favorite author, Debra. I strive for her level of sarcasm and irreverence. Thanks for all your support, which is A LOT.

      Delete
  6. From one teaser to another, I'm chompin' at the bits over here!! Cant wait for your book to come out. Your friend's child has good taste -duh, obviously :) Love you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yvonne.
      Be well, sweet lady.
      More love back and forth.

      Delete
  7. That's awesome and the picture is funny and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Robyn,
    As a proud possessor of "Woman On The Verge of Paradise"(and thankyou for the inscription), I can certainly agree with your friend's daughter's assessment of the the book --except for "*hiccup*". In youth, I would watch "The Avengers" and learned the British called hiccups "hiccoughs". The scene contained a 2-second exchange between Emma Peel(Diana Rigg) and John Steed (Patrick Macnee)if memory serves: "Madam, a true gentleman would never be caught hiccoughin' in his coffin. Of course this directed them to the solution. Spelling is weird, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an endearing, funny snippet, Geo. Thank you. Your brain is a unique treasure chest.
      I'll never hiccup again without thinking of that quote. It's a doozy.
      Love to you.

      Delete
  9. Glad to hear you're in the editing phase, Robyn. I love that Anne Lamott quote. It's hilarious, and I want to steal it. I'm gonna have to check out one of her books now. Love the busy booger brain cells...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's wonderful. You'll fall in love, I'm certain.
      Thanks for your support, BAF.

      Delete
  10. Adding this to my list to follow. I can write blogs on whatever interests me at the moment but could not see myself writing a book as I have no idea what to write about and don't read much fiction. Poetry yes. I will look for some of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, TBF. Yay.
      Most of my poetry is on the naughty side. We don't do "traditional" around here. Smiles.

      Delete
  11. How adorable your fans are, myself included. LOL

    Best of luck on the editing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have great bloggy followers; that's the key.

    ReplyDelete