InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Monday, August 26, 2019

Berning up in California! Loving My (our) Bernie Sanders

My Dear Sillies,
   Whatever your politics, we all have big hearts and want the best for humankind. That said, how can anyone not admire Bernie Sanders' perseverance? I'm ashamed to admit, I gave up on him a while back, believing he was duped and that his ship (which perhaps pre-dates the Mayflower) had sailed. 
   But my Bernie is an unstoppable warrior. He never gave up. He never strayed from his vision. So I'm back to publicizing my love for this world wonder.
   Guess what! Bernie Sanders visited Chico and Paradise, last week. I didn't see him, though many of my friends did. I'm still cherishing my memories of having met the man two years ago. I even had a date with Bernie Sanders. (Click link at end of this post for photographic proof.)
   Senator Bernie Sanders is so omnipresent that you can find him in many forms.
   Here's one:

Outfits include: basketball and track uniform, Vermont garb with snow shoes, flannel shirt and bottle of maple syrup, guitar player, SNL costume, birdwatcher, filibusterer, and a superhero.

Let's see what reviewers have to say:



One disappointed customer ~
3.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, good quality and I love Bernie Sanders. You called these paper dolls, they are not. Nice collectors item. Wish Bernie was wearing those empty clothes. The only way these would be paper dolls, you would have to cut them out of the heavy paper. Be more clear. They were for my granddaughters. Make another "book" with Bernie in those clothes. Make a real paper doll collection for kids. Thanks, Love my Bernie.
 Me too, sweetheart. Try the self-soothing method. 

And the Bernie Sanders Chia Pet ~


25 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah, it doesn't do my Bernie justice. But the hair grows and grows, so maybe it starts looking more like him. Thanks, Alex.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. And his grip is so nice, firm, yet compassionate.
      Love my Bernie.

      Delete
  3. Bernie is a man of great determination! That green hair on the chia pet is a bit jolting, but then maybe a little jolt is just what this country needs to get us back on track. :) Your date with Bernie was epic. How lucky for you to have his ear (and all the rest of him too!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Thank you, Connie, for understanding my passions.

      Delete
  4. Chia Pet Bernie could do a better job than the living chia pet in there now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That will go great with my Cher and Fred Flintstone Chia Pets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be hard to tell who's who, what that combo. Make sure the plants to cover the names, PTM. I don't want your kids to get confused.

      Delete
  6. I have trouble picturing Bernie in sport uniforms. And as President - could he throw out a first pitch? He needs to work on that.
    I'm sure he's glad you are back on the Mayflower and paddling furiously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he was fairly athletic back in the day. Now he keeps running...for higher office. My Bernie - never gives up. Smiles.

      Delete
  7. I wonder if a Bernie action figure is available. I have the Ruth Bader Ginsburg figure. I adore her.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is, Janie. I'm pretty sure you can at least find it on-line, if he doesn't walk over to your door. But I'm kinda busy with him. We'll have to figure out something - it might need to include WDW.
      Love ya.

      Delete
  8. You're right, no matter the politics, Bernie seems like a nice guy who is actually honest- which is a rarity among politicians.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Thank you for saying that. And he is very persistent - not at all wishy washy. Sigh - my Bernie.

      Cheers, friend.

      Delete
  9. His ship sailing before the Mayflower... :) That's good!

    www.thepulpitandthepen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sage.
      That ole ship has returned yet again.
      Love my Bernie.

      Delete
  10. Green hair Chia Bernie...LOL. I don't feel the Bern. I like some of what he says, I like that he keeps at it; but I hope we get someone younger.......however He will get my vote if he wins the nomination. I'm not a fan of his not coming out for more gun laws. And I think he should stop changing from Indep to Dem. He really isn't a Dem, but he needs their money. I do think he's a very decent man. Fun speculation, who would make a good running mate for him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you're saying Sandy. But given the options, I'm feeling the Bern. I agree, someone younger who isn't an old White man would be ideal. But Kamala's made too many bad moves. Warren is too much of a PTA CEO (though I like her too, and she's not so young, and she didn't run before so I question her motives...). Basically, I think the best we got is an amazingly consistent man of honor. I'm vying to be his running mate, and I'm waiting to hear back. Smiles. (Otherwise, I have no idea who he'd pick.

      Delete
  11. Robyn, I love you, babe, but please don't feed the Bern. Big problems when Dem/lefty/progressive vote is divided, as happened 2016...but I do admire him and Warren as lion and lioness of the Senate, their natural habitat where they can range and roar for justice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, hon. That's why I didn't do a write-in for my Bernie in 2016. But the DNC already divided up so badly, and continues to dig its own ditch, damage is beyond repair - I believe. The DNC needs to either go away or completely revamp itself. In the meantime, I'm voting with integrity for integrity (unless there's someone else on the ballot). I agree, Warren has been kicking tuchas too. Too bad none of us is on the ballot. I love you too, my friend.

      Delete
  12. Cheap Moncler jackets , combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of Cheap moncler coats womens jackets, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete