My Story, Yours Too.
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Back to Basics: CHOCO-QUIZ TIME!
Hi students. Thanks for coming to class today. Now, don’t leave. You’ll miss the fun. Besides, Bruno’s blocking the doors. He'll let you escape once you've turned in your answer sheet. So take out your #2 pencils and stop whining. It’s time for a test.
Cheating will not be tolerated. That is, you may not do any research or copy your classmates’ answers. When you’re finished, place your test in the comment box or, if you prefer, send it to my email via my profile page.
Don’t worry, I’ll grade this on a curve. Nothing personal, but I expect the curve will be very, very low.
I will also have this test available for at least a couple days, for your more “special” (shall we say?) peers.
The highest scoring student will receive glorious reward and recognition for their choco-smarts. Any questions? I didn't think so. Here we go. Quiet now. Good luck!
1) All of the following are movies (though, reportedly bad ones) EXCEPT:
a) Blood and Chocolate
b) Pilates and Chocolate
c) Sinfully Chocolate
d) Swiss Chocolate: Eye Candy to Die For
2) All of the following are characters in Charlie and The Chocolate Factory EXCEPT:
a) Grandma Josephine
c) Mike Teavee
d) Grandpa Joe
e) Violet Beauregard
3) Which candy is made of “two great tastes that taste great together”?
4) All of the following are songs (though, probably bad ones, especially if I’m the singer) EXCEPT:
a) Chocolate on My Tongue
b) Chocolate Rain
c) The Chocolate Song
d) Don’t Touch My Chocolate!
5) True or False: The red dye used for M&Ms made in the US (Allura Red AC), is banned in Austria and much of Europe.
6) To avoid chocolate that’s been tainted by child labor abuses, it’s safest to:
a) Avoid chocolate that originated from West Africa’s Ivory Coast
b) Boycott Hershey’s altogether
c) Buy fair trade or organic chocolate
d) All of the above
e) A and C
7) My blog button (precious chocolatey nephew, Jeremy) has accurately been captioned with what statement:
a) “Wild about chocolate pudding!”
b) “Now what’s for dinner now, Auntie Robyn?”
c) “The dangers of entrusting babysitting duties to Auntie Robyn”
d) “Auntie and I made chocolate cake and ate all the batter.”
8) All of the following are true regarding the Mo’s Dark Bacon Bar pictured above EXCEPT:
a) It’s gluten free
b) Its cholesterol content is 13%
c) It’s packaged with 100% recycled paperboard
d) It really does contain bacon
9) True or False: For approximately 25% of chocolate’s history, it was a sugarless beverage.
10) True or False: Gregory Peck was originally chosen to play Grandpa Joe in Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, but he died before filming began.
11) EXTRA CREDIT ~ Give me three 4 (or more)-letter words spelled with the letters in “chocolate”. You may not use: words your classmates already listed, proper nouns, or letters twice (except “c” or “o”, of which there are two).
Thank you for taking the test, dear. Have a great recess. Answers and grades will be announced shortly. (You know what to bribe me with, right? Wink, wink.) Run along now!