Dear Sillies,
I'm all about the number 6 these days. And 60, which is "historically significant as the foundation of the ancient Babylonian base-60 (sexagesimal) math system." Thanks Wikipedia.
Note the number of followers on my side-bar: 666. Whoa. Coincidence? I think not.
The reputation of 666 as the devil's number originates from the Book of Revelation (13:18) in the New Testament. Yay, I'm Jewish. I thus need not worry. I'm already going to hell, but I don't believe in hell. L'chaim!
I was born in 6/66. I'll turn 60 this weekend.
Anyway, it's felt difficult to see 60 approach with determination - try as I have to stave it off for another decade or so. But I'm proud of the life I've led thus far, and I'm semi-excited too to become a young-old gal. We've much life to live each day, so that's my plan. Chocolate and dancing included.
Proof that Michael Jordan and I are over 6' tall.
------------------------
On a much more sober note, you might've heard on the news about a shooting spree at the Chico library--our city's most precious, docile space. We're devastated. Two men were killed, one in the process of protecting his friend's daughter. The shooter, an 18 year old, had graduated high school only two weeks ago. It's incomprehensible and very unusual in our small city. The community gathered at the library for a vigil tonight. Chico's resilient and caring; we'll persevere. But do send loving thoughts to all involved. Thank you kindly.
I love you, my dears.


Yeah, sixty threw me for a loop as well. No upside to getting older.
ReplyDeleteTerrible tragedy. What is wrong with today's youth? What is wrong with people in general? Too many unhappy people.
Oops, sorry Alex. I thought I'd replied earlier. I know, 60 is quite tough. And I don't know, in answer to your other questions. It's a shame.
DeleteAh, happy 60. Wishing you many more!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, my friend.
DeleteLove to you.
Happy Birthday weekend and year. 60 is sixty. Just don't put up with crap. It is a whole other attitude. Walk and do some strength training. A little yoga stretching doesn't hurt. I speak from being an elder. Learn my child. Big hug and enjoy your celebration. treat yourself to a lot of chocolate.
ReplyDeleteI got my first BDay card this year from a very thoughtful friend in Texas. Thank you! Also, thanks for the advice. No more crap, that's my mantra.
DeleteI passed this milestone already. Rest assured, Robyn, much excitement in life still remains.
ReplyDeleteNow that's what I like to hear (or read). Thanks much, David.
Delete60 was daunting to me but it hasn't slowed me down yet. And since that happened this year, we are both Year of the Horse.
ReplyDeleteOkay. Well I won't say anything about the horse or its anatomy, but I'll smile that we're the Year of the Horse. Thank you, Diane.
DeleteI just turned 61 this year, so I can sympathize with your upcoming pain. Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteThank you, GB. The years catch up with us, but the spirit stays young. That's my plan at least.
DeleteCongrats on the Big Six-Oh, Robyn, you mere child, you. Wishing you a hellaciously wonderful year and indeed, decade! Bring on the chocolate and men and fun! You were born in the Swinging Sixties -- time for herstory to repeat itself!
ReplyDeleteI like your sentiment and cheer for this Swinging Sixties gal. Yes, bring on the men. Oh, and chocolate and fun to this lady. I'm waiting, gentlemen. Quit hiding, will ya?
DeleteThanks, SWS. Love to you.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, ROBYN! You know, in CAT YEARS, you are only TEN. And as a BILINGUAL CANADIAN kitty, I feel COMPELLED to tell you that the word for TEN in French is DIX. Make of that what you will. SENDING HUGZ n PURRZ TO YOU!
ReplyDeleteHahaha. HRH, you're brilliant. Brilliant I say. Did someone say "dix"? You did! You get me. I get dix, perhaps the French ones, this tenth year of my life. Can't wait.
DeleteHugs and kisses, your Royal Highness.
Happy Birthday, Gorgeous! I turn 68 in a couple weeks...yikes!
ReplyDeleteWell, we're bringing a youthful zany o the 60s. Lord know all those older 60+'ers need our silliness. Thank you for your greetings.
DeleteHappy Birthday to a most beautiful and resilient, funny woman! 60 hit me more than any other big one, like 50. I am now heading downhill which i don't like but, hey, Mel Brooks just turned 100 so I am hoping for that with my marbles still intact.
ReplyDeleteIm so very sorry that you have experienced this horror in your own hometown. The U. S. Is, by far, the leader in these shootings. Of course, the easement yo get guns is prevalent but why so many teens take this method? What does his Facebook say? There is more going on in the States that creates these killers. Canada has them too, but not today the severity...I just hope the families who lost loved ones can find a way to adjust. Anyhoo, have a most beautiful day filled with love and good cheer.
Thank you for this thoughtful message, Birgit.
DeleteUnfortunately, it seems he was so mentally pained that he wanted to gain esteem and made a name for himself as a "mass shooter." Ugh, ugh, ugh. We also need send loving thoughts to his parents - it must be a hellacious nightmare.
I remember thinking turning 55 was cool, I liked saying the double nickel. I don't remember thinking much about 60; but when 65 hit and it was time for medicare, I thought God, how did I get so old. Well that was 10 years ago, so now...I just keep telling myself, it's just a number; but this coming November...I'll turn 76 and I'm not liking that idea at all. That's too close to 80 which is really bumming me out. Most days I don't feel old, but I've noticed lots of changes in my skin that is making me look old....not a happy camper. There is so much sad news these days, that I hadn't known about the gun incident. So sorry your community is dealing with this. I'm such an anti-gun person it all makes me furious. Getting a gun is soooooooo easy and it should not be. Violence in this country is pathetic. Other countries don't have it happening every day. ((Healing Hugs for all)). If only our government would really do something about the problem besides say thoughts and prayers!!!
ReplyDeleteSandy's Space
I know, Sandy. I agree on all of that. The government and the NRA are inseparable, so long as Trump and White supremacists reign supreme. Ugh.
DeleteI'm thinking, regarding age, maybe it is time to believe more strongly in mind over matter.
Huge hugs to you.