InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Good, The Bad, and The Coneheads



Two score and 4 years ago (Hint: 1 score = 20 years, kind of like the World Cup), our father and mother brought forth a new creation, conceived in privacy, without contraception, and dedicated to the concept of chocolate. Yet there I sat one year later: a big chocolate cake in front of me, displaying no enthusiasm or a pulse. I cannot explain it, my friends, nor can I tell you how humbled I am by the photo. Perhaps I was a special child, if you know what I mean.


The good: I'm on vacation and taking a little trip.


The bad: I'll be away from you until the end of the week. I will miss you very much.


The conehead: Must I spell it out for you? Geeze! Yes, yes, that photo! Yes, THAT one! Come on, now. I'm sure I had a lovely personality at that time, people. Afterall, I was the perfect mix of Archie Bunker (albeit smaller and less bigoted) and Connie Conehead (see below link for this reference). Note the sprout sprouting forth from my little conehead.


Okay dear friend who is laughing at me and not with me at this precise moment, do you have an embarrassing baby picture that you're deranged enough to publish for the world to see? I didn't think so. Alrighty, then..let me just turn your attention to the adorably endearing photo on the left in which my mommy and I are happy to see each other. Note: this picture was taken during the same month of the conehead crisis. It seems my sprouting conehead was a short lived phase. Some might call me lucky. Others might call me a little conehead. The wisest of all stay away (far, far away - outside of the range of a phone signal).


In order to assure that you are adequately entertained in my absence, I leave you with this link. Please enjoy a visit to the home of the Conehead Family. Connie is the daughter. You might perhaps notice a resemblance with my photo.


www.hulu.com/watch/4187/saturday-night-live-the-coneh


xoRobyn

28 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and have a wonderful vacation, filled with sun, fun and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are forty-something and fabulous as far as I'm concerned!

    Have a wonderful day and your best year yet!

    Rapunzel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!

    Enjoy your trip to the maximum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful vacay filled with chocolate and sunshine (just don't eat the chocolate while in the sunshine, it will melt)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great vacation and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's also my birthday on the 4th July, but I never has a cone head!
    Enjoy your vacation....but Look after the chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your time off and happy birthday! Cute pictures by the way. You don't want to see my baby picture. It's so embarrassing I don't ever want to show it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Robyn. I hope that your time off is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday dear Robyn. Enjoy your much-deserved vacation!

    I am curious about the "Girl" Engel on the birth card, I'm not sure of the Jewish religion but does that have anything to do with the naming ceremony? Just wondering.

    I love the photos, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday!! Have a great vacation oh coneheaded one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Chocolate Queen!!! May you have a wonderful vacation and may your minions bring your whatever treat your desire!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy, Happy Double Digits Girlfriend, just make it even better that's what counts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Only folks in the USA are allowed to see the video, so I'll have to imagine you making your face sticky with chocolate cake. I'm sure your cheeks are just as pinchable today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Happy, Robyn!

    Behave and return safely....to me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday Robyn :0) I hope you have a blast on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It took me 14 comments to figure out it's your birthday. I thought you were talking about Yom Kippur for some reason. Happy 32, 'cause that's how old you look to me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I must have started a trend or something cuz everyone is going on vacation now. Happy Bday. May your cone be dry and shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will miss your contributions this week but I will just try to be a good soldier and suffer through it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Deranged? I think they are all adorable. Have a very happy birthday and enjoy your break Robyn!

    ReplyDelete
  20. have a good rest. love your post.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohhhh Yes-- I even show some SKIN!!!!

    Enjoy and see you soon!

    John

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy 29th Birthday Robyn! (Your secret is safe with me!) Enjoy your vacation, but remember not to drink the chocolate. It's better licked off, IMHO. Party on!

    Cute pics by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for all the birthday love and chocolatey thoughts, especially Copyboy and Tgo..oh, to be young and 29 or 32 again.

    Wishing you were all here with me, in Big Sur, though the sun is being shy.

    Ally, good question, but I don't know why they named me "Girl" instead of Robyn. There are Jewish traditions involving not preparing the baby's room, etc. until after the birth. I think the "Girl" thing was just because whomever wrote that didn't know my at the moment.

    I miss you all!
    Have a good day/week, and I'll see you back here soon.
    Chocolate kisses,
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Birthday!!!! Enjoy your vacation. Love your baby photos. :) That cake.......oh boy. I see you got your start in chocolate loving EARLY.

    ReplyDelete
  25. FOOOOOOOOOOORRRRR......She's a jolly good fellow, for she's a jolly good fellow, for she's a jolly good FELLLLOOOOOOWWW....which nobody can deny. HIP HIP HOORAY! HIP HIP HOORAY! HIP HIP HOORRRAAAAAAAAAY!!!

    Robyn a song for you love, on your special day, complete with a little birthday breakdance from Matt and I! Mwah!! xoxoxo

    P.S. When you get home from your fab vacay, come on over, I've got a tag for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. enjoy your trip, and b'day, wee conehead :P lol

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey Rob

    Have a great time CH

    ah... 67.....

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I saw fireworks everywhere in celebration of your birthday...

    ReplyDelete