InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Cracked Egg, Cracked Poet: a Saturday Centus

The Saturday Centus challenges us to write a piece within 100 words based on a prompt. Jenny is our wonderful teacher and host. Please check out the other offerings. I'm guessing mine's the most cracked. There are more sane class members and their blogs are well worth visiting.  This week we were allowed to use 200 words. (I'm not making you endure more than 120.) As usual, the prompt is bolded below.

This one's inspired by Mary Goose's well known childhood nursery rhyme, Humpty Dumpty.

Enjoy and happy Saturday! xo Robyn
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cracked Egg, Scrambled Town

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall.

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.

"Sue!" cried the Counsel, tasting money and fame.

"The wall was built long ago. Our state is to blame:

 Construction malfunction! I'm quite the sharp tack.

I just wish I could bring our poor Eggy back." 

The entire town wept over Hump's inner goo.

But grief turned to distrust when the vestiges grew. 

Mr. Bacon climbed up to the top of the wall 

and found a huge keg whence Dump took a fall.

He sniffed and he licked but the beer was all gone.

With yolk 'round the rim, the evidence was strong.

"Looks like we've been had," he relayed to them all,

"by an imbalanced egg that fell off the wall!"

28 comments:

  1. Bravo! Bravo! I love your political commentary couched in this innocent sounding rhyme.

    This was really fantastic Miss Robyn. I cannot write like this, and I always wish I could!

    Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *clapping hands wildly* I loved it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. geez .... your mind is one crazy place!!! I loved this ... what a commentary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robyn,

    This one really cracked me up! (I am so sorry, really I am - just could not resist).

    Your clever and easy way with words makes me want to climb inside you head and see how you do it.

    Namaste..........cj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant and ever so amusing Robyn !I stand in awe of your excellent poetic prowess. So fun and chuckle worthy to read many times !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!!! This is the BEST Humpty Dumpty poem I've ever read! I'm not even kissing your butt...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, friends. I'm so glad you enjoyed this. I don't know what got into me, though I did have egg whites and bacon this morn.

    CJ, don't apologize. Love it.

    Alex, thanks. This was in part to rebel against the original version which I find morbidly strange. (I just went for morbidly stranger.)

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bwahahaha! CJ stole my first thought, so I'll just say that I loved this. Thanks for the giggle, I needed it. Kat

    ReplyDelete
  10. heehee

    Just loved this one, Robyn.

    =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Robyn, you composed this? Genius! So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Food is so honest. Humans would have hid the evidence and sued anyway. It's the good thing that all the kings horses and all the kings men didn't get involved.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's brilliant. So Humpty was legless after all! I always knew it. That class sounds just what I need to give my writing some extra inspiration. I'm off to investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was great. Brought a smile to my sleepy lips.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. If good words were dollars, you would be sooooooo rich!!!! Good work, Robyn! I was late posting, but mine is up now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, all. I really appreciate the sweet feedback and am always glad to spread smiles/laughter.

    That sounds SO NICE, Judie. Ah, "if I was a rich blogger..."

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved it. It had death, bacon and beer. Where can one go wrong. I think it has given me an idea for a post. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. "The entire town wept over Hump's inner goo.
    But grief turned to distrust when the evidence grew."
    Absolute genius, my dear!
    Love love love it. Such innuendo politico!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks PTM and Dawn. You've got me smiling.
    ;-) xo Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  20. How do you do that, time after time...bring a smile, nay a big fat grin to my face...very special, you are, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Robyn, that creative genius of yours has got to be working overtime! I loved this wonderful, funny and oh-so-imaginative piece! Great job!

    ReplyDelete