Friday, May 6, 2011
Choco-Quiz Results: Choco-Smarts Award!
Welcome back, students!
I have the test results for you today. Yeah, that was a tough one. I'd like to blame it on the lack of support for public school teachers, so I will. I'm proud of those of you who gave it a whirl, though. You're a bright bunch. I'll be recommending you for the Advanced Placement Choco-Class in the fall. Save your appetites.
Here are the correct answers, followed by your grades.
1) All of the following are movies (though, reportedly bad ones) EXCEPT:
a) Blood and Chocolate
b) Pilates and Chocolate
c) Sinfully Chocolate
d) Swiss Chocolate: Eye Candy to Die For
2) All of the following are characters in Charlie and The Chocolate Factory EXCEPT:
a) Grandma Josephine
c) Mike Teavee
d) Grandpa Joe
e) Violet Beauregard
3) Which candy is made of “two great tastes that taste great together”? Reese's Peanut Butter Cup
4) All of the following are songs (though, probably bad ones, especially if I’m the singer) EXCEPT:
a) Chocolate on My Tongue
b) Chocolate Rain
c) The Chocolate Song
d) Don’t Touch My Chocolate!
5) True or False: The red dye used for M&Ms made in the US (Allura Red AC), is banned in Austria and much of Europe. I know, shocking. The red ones taste best too.
6) To avoid chocolate that’s been tainted by child labor abuses, it’s safest to:
a) Avoid chocolate that originated from West Africa’s Ivory Coast
b) Boycott Hershey’s altogether Yep, sorry to inform. Still, Hershey's ignores these atrocities and supports cocoa plantations in the Ivory Coast.
c) Buy fair trade or organic chocolate
d) All of the above
e) A and C
7) My blog button (precious chocolaty nephew, Jeremy) has accurately been captioned with what statement:
a) “Wild about chocolate pudding!”
b) “Now what’s for dinner now, Auntie Robyn?”
c) “The dangers of entrusting babysitting duties to Auntie Robyn” Anyone need a babysitter?
d) “Auntie and I made chocolate cake and ate all the batter.”
8) All of the following are true regarding the Mo’s Dark Bacon Bar pictured above EXCEPT:
a) It’s gluten free
b) Its cholesterol content is 13% . It's only 1% cholesterol.!
c) It’s packaged with 100% recycled paperboard
d) It really does contain bacon
9) True or False: For approximately 25% of chocolate’s history, it was a sugarless beverage. This one was a trick question. I say that because nobody got it right. The percentage is 90. For most of chocolate's history, it was a bitter beverage.
10) True or False: Gregory Peck was originally chosen to play Grandpa Joe in Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, but he died before filming began.
11) EXTRA CREDIT ~ Give me three 4 (or more)-letter words spelled with the letters in “chocolate”. You may not use: words your classmates already listed, proper nouns, or letters twice (except “c” or “o”, of which there are two). I credited all your offerings, even Gorilla Banana's "achoo." Bless you, GB.
Ready to find out who's best in class? Our star pupils, with amazingly impressive scores of 11 (out of a possible 14 - with the extra credit) each, are Baygirl and TS Hendrik! CONGRATULATIONS, YOU TWO! A+s to you! Please accept the above award for your choco-smarts.
These students should also be proud of their choco-smarts:
Rekha and Joanne got A's! Smart ladies!
Pat got an A- I knew you'd do well, Pat.
Cheeseboy B+ for the teacher!
Oilfield Trash and Gorilla Bananas got B's. Good effort, guys.
The rest of you fail, but I still like you.
Have a chocolaty weekend, class. xo Miss Robyn