InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sharing the Sweetness



Dear friends,

I’ve packed a smorgasbord of blogging into the weekend, hoping to make up for my absence this coming week. Sorry I won't be visiting. It's Paradise related.

In the meantime, I want to thank Oilfield Trash for this mouth-watering award. He’s a man of integrity, who tells it like it is. Oilfield keeps us entertained with every post. Rumor has it, he has no problems keeping the ladies entertained too. I won’t embarrass him further about that, though. Sorry, Mr. O.

As part of this sweet award, I’m supposed to tell you some of my guilty pleasures. My life is an open blog, though, so I’m skipping that step. In short: they all involve chocolate. This, we know. Next, I'm to share the sweetness. I'm happy to forward the award to three of my many favorites:

~Anthony is a writer in Australia. He’s a sincerely warm and funny guy, whose writing ranges from dark to silly. Anthony’s become a dear friend, and he’s a new daddy to a precious baby girl.

Currently, Anthony is keeping us posted on the horrifying floods that are devastating Southern Australian. Please send good thoughts and/or prayers in that direction.

~ Georgia/Gi Gi is a gorgeous lady and person whose spunk jumps off of the screen. A single mom of four, she has two creative blogs: Goingglam and a photo blog. Gi gi posted a song in my honor (Paradise City) on her photo blog. That was pure fun. She and I share a special connection through our beloved friend, Lisa/Bumpkin on a Swing.

~ Sue is grandma and writer extraordinaire. I recently won a lovely pair of earrings from Sue, when she celebrated having reached 700 posts. Wow! Each of her pieces is of the highest quality. Sue writes with warmth, depth and humor. She does poetry and prose, and I get the impression there’s nothing Sue can’t do.

Enjoy sweet things in the new week, and may we continue to be inspired by Reverend Martin Luther King.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, boy. Now I'm blushing!

    (Thanks so much for your kind words, Robyn. You can bet I will be posting this award on my blog and "wearing" it with pride.)

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Robyn! you'll be missed this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award my friend, you deserved it since you entertain me so much.

    I guess now Mr O has double meaning. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will miss you!! Do tell us about Paradise!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your well deserved award!
    You'll be missed this week, dear friend!

    Big hugs!
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Robyn. That's so very nice of you. I feel honoured and blessed. (yes, we do have some spelling differences).

    You also are a great writer. You're posts never cease to have me cacking.. (an aussie word?)

    I've no doubt your writing will go from strength to strength.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Monday Robyn :)
    I am sorry I am now just commenting on this oh so sweet post! I saw it last week and was in a hurry (very busy week)and wanted to take my time to properly thank you!
    I can't tell you enough how thrilled I am that our virtual worlds collided ( thanks to our Bumpkin Babe, makes it even more special :)
    Thank you for thinking of me for this sweet award, it made my day!
    I will be back later to catch up on your newest post, gotta get off the computer for awhile!
    Lots of love
    gi gi

    ReplyDelete