A life by chocolate entails finding sweetness in the light and dark. Moreso, it's about addiction to cocoa. An insatiable sweet tooth doesn't hurt. Well, not until the yucky tartar buildup and stuff. To the point, I strive to entertain with topics such as the utter hilarity and cuteness of children; the challenges of dating, my related rationale for celibacy; and chocolate as a precious remedy for it all. Thanks for sampling Life by Chocolate. I hope you keep coming back for more.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Cheers, Cavanaugh BlogFest!

Hosted by Mark Koopmans, Morgan Shamy, David Powers King and Stephen Tremp, this is our way of saying thanks to Alex J. Cavanaugh.


"Have you ever attended a holiday party where you bump into the one person who's always been there for you throughout the last year? You’d want to thank them for being incredibly stellar, right? If there’s one person in the Blogosphere who you would want to say cheers to, who would it be? For us, it was a no-brainer - Alex 'no hyperlink needed' Cavanaugh!

Without being asked, Alex has become a blogging enigma, always helping hundreds of his fellow authors by announcing book releases, hosting guest posts, guest interviews and always leaving positive comments. We can’t have a live party for the Ninja Captain, but we can host a yuletide BlogFest!"
************************************************************************
Because Alex is one of my closest blog friends, I joined the fest. My contribution follows.

        1) In +/- 20 words, What does Alex look like?
     Alex bears the face of Rico Suave, the voice of James Earl Jones, the abs of Jillian, and the sturdiness of Hillary Clinton.
 ·        
           2) In +/- 20 words,  Who could play Alex in a documentary (living or dead)?       
       Jillian (living or dead). Understudy: Hillary Clinton (only if still living).
             
  3) In +/- 20 words, Who does Alex remind you of?
      Mr. Wilson from Home Improvement. He's worldly, always there, wise, and you never see his face - though I imagine he resembles Rico Suave.
·        
·       4) In +/- 100 words, (excluding the title), Write flash fiction using all these prompts: Cavanaugh, Ninja, IWSG, Cosbolt, Guitar.  I took this in a different direction and wrote a song instead. 

      Who Needs Santa When We Have Cavanaugh?   
Sung to the tune of Santa Claus is Coming to Town
    
     His talent and care
     Make Alex a star
     Chewing Hot Tamales 
     While strummin' his guitar
     Captain Ninja's never too far!
         
      He calms you when you're hurried.
      He helps you to believe.
      When fraught with insecurity,
      No fear! Join his I-W-S-G!

      You full of self-doubt and not gonna lie?
      Wanna soar a Cosbolt but too chicken to fly?
      Who needs Santa when we have Cavanaugh? 
     [Repeat this line until all Hot Tamales have been eaten.]
      
  Bonus points, in +/-40 words, comment to Mrs. Cavanaugh to thank her for sharing Alex:
     
    Dear Mrs. Cavanaugh, thank you for sharing Alex's time with us. And you're welcome for my annual Halloween Erotica post. Wink, wink.       

32 comments:

Ms. A said...

He should get a kick out of this one!

Empty Nest Insider said...

I loved this Robyn! Now you can add songwriter to your list of many talents! The wink wink at the end was an added bonus!
Julie

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Repeat until Hot Tamales all eaten - love it! And James Earl Jones? Why, yes. Not!
Thanks so much Robyn. You are one of my best blogger buddies!

Shah Wharton said...

Love this and love to see Alex does too. X

Pat Hatt said...

hahahaha oh I loved your description, I just hope those parts of Hilary have no need to fit the Bill.

farawayeyes said...

Awesome!

YeamieWaffles said...

This is such an awesome tribute to Robyn who seems like a truly great guy to me. Great post, love the last bit especially.

Anne said...

It's lovely to see people who do things for others being appreciated for it. We need more of that in the world these days. He sounds like really exceptional bloke.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

MsA, thanks.

EmptyNest, it was fun and I'm glad you liked it.

Alex, keep eating those Hot Tamales and basking in our love for you.

Shah, thank you. I appreciate your visit too.

Pat, good one! I could run with it, but I can't top that one so we'll leave it at that.

Farawayeyes, thank you.

YW, I'm glad you liked it. He is pretty amazing.

Anne, I agree. The love in blogland is truly unique. If only the world would follow our lead.

xoRobyn

cleemckenzie said...

I loved that you chose the voice of James E. Jones! Great choice.

Sherry Ellis said...

Great poem!

M.L. Swift said...

Cute song...got me in the spirit!

Ella said...

You and I need to hang!
We went on a similar path..I like yours more ;D
YOU are so fun~

Pearl said...

I, too, love Alex J. Cavanaugh. :-)

He's like the son I wanted to have right after the son I DID have but never got around to.

Pearl

Lynda R Young said...

wow, thats a powerful description of Alex you have there. Love it! Especially James Earl Jones.

David P. King said...

Excellent. I'm getting a real kick out of all these poems and songs coming out of this fest. Thanks for participating! :)

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Cleem, does anyone (except maybe Alex) have as powerful a voice as James Earl Jones?

Sherry, thank you.

ML, glad you liked it. Thanks for the return follow.

Ella, it would be great fun to hit the town with you.

Pearl, but you're too young to be Alex's mother - unless he's a teen prodigy. Wait a minute, could he be?

Lynda, glad you like it. Yeah, it pays to be on his good side.

David, look what you (and others, but mainly Alex) started!

xoRobyn

cleemckenzie said...

Wow! You went all out on this Fest. Great job.

D.G. Hudson said...

I like your choice for Alex's voice.

jual baju muslim murah said...


Your article is very useful and provide information to readers thanks

Tyrean Martinson said...

Nice description of Alex, and great song!

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Great answers. Mr. Wilson! Yeah!

Allison said...

ha! Mr. Wilson. That is awesome. Love it :)

Allison (Geek Banter)

Morgan said...

Hi, Robyn--new follower here. I honestly have to say that Wilson from Home Improvement is my FAVORITE answer so far!!!!! Easy. Love it. And thanks for participating!

Melissa Bradley said...

Love this! The perfect spin on our Ninja. And I am in awe of your poetry skills, my friend. Huge props on the rhyme.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Wow, I've read so many great poems. Lots of talent paying tribute to Alex.

T. Drecker said...

Lovely poem!

C.M.Brown said...

What a great poem! Well done!

Suzanne Furness said...

What an awesome song!

The Golden Eagle said...

I love your combination of people who have elements of Alex.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Thanks, Cleem.

DG, nobody has a better voice than James Earl Jones. Except, perhaps, Alex.

Jual, thank you.

Tyrean, glad you like it.

Joylene and Allison, I haven't watched that show in years, but Mr. Wilson readily came to mind. Thanks.

Morgan, thanks for the return follow and great blogfest.

Melly, thanks so much.

Susan, there is a fun and very high-quality mix of posts.

T. Drecker, thank you.

CM, I'm glad you like it. Thanks for stopping by.

Suzanne, I appreciate it.

GoldenEagle, I can't quite picture the combo in one but the parts are all Alex's (or so I imagine).

xoRobyn

Baby Sister said...

I LOVED your song!! And your descriptions of him. Totally awesome.