InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Justice Remix'd Ice Cream, A Ben & Jerry's Creation

Dear Sillies,
   When all else fails, there's ice cream. Plus, it's always nice when I come upon a new reason to indulge...for your benefit. You deserve the best. That's Ben and Jerry's, right? So I grabbed this off the shelves (and paid for it too - $3.99) - Justice Remix'd, "Cinnamon and Chocolate ice creams with gobs of cinnamon bun dough and spicy fudge brownies." 
    Our criminal justice system is far from perfect. You can help create positive change by eating this ice cream! [A portion of profits go towards criminal justice reform.]

Before digging in, I watched a few popular reviewers' Youtube videos on this ice cream.
Here's a summary: "This is dope!"

"Well, if you eat the dark chocolate part you taste dark, and if you go for the vanilla, you taste vanilla." *This astute observation was expressed by a woman in Kentucky. Note: There's no vanilla flavor, nor is there "dark" flavor. I decided I could perhaps give a more informative review. 

My take: 
   The cinnamon is a bit too  overpowering. The cinnamon bun dough, though, tastes divine. As for the chocolate part, I wanted to delight in a more hearty chocolate fudge brownie taste. I loved both, separately, but they aren't mixed in this Remix, and there's nothing particularly harmonious about the pairing. 
   I kinda find it ironic that "Justice Remix" has distinctly segregated flavors. B&J simply threw together already developed recipes. 
   I don't know how justice should look or taste. But I can't imagine they landed with this one.    
   That said, I loved it and finished it too quickly. 
   I give Ben and Jerry's Justice Remix'd a 7.5 on a 1-10 scale.

  
Have you tried this? Want to try it? Thoughts on how justice should look or taste?

May you have a sweet and spicy day, my Dear Sillies.

34 comments:

  1. Not sure what justice would would taste like but I hear it looks orange. Or striped.

    That one review sure had little clue lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty funny. Her husband sat next to her and hardly said a word. Not much brains in that duo.
      Thanks, Pat Hatt.

      Delete
  2. I'll have to try some of that. I love dough things and this sounds like a winner. Cinnamon has to be done in the right amount, though, as it can make or break if it even slightly overdone. Justice needs to fight her way back to the top whilst vanquishing her enemies. She will prevail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Justice IS female, you're right.

      Hope you're well, Jono.

      Delete
  3. Cinnamon and chocolate is an odd mix, although it's good in dough. Might have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you do, Alex. I'd be interested in your opinion on it.
      Cheers.

      Delete
  4. I haven't tried it, but I want to do so now that you've forced me to notice it.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay. My coercion doesn't typically bring about such immediate compliance.

      Love.

      Delete
  5. I could lick the cinnamon. LOL

    Bryers has a dairy-free ice cream and one of the flavors is Oreo Cookie. Have you tried it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, I haven't Diane. Thank you. Now I must find it and give it a taste test.

      Smiles.

      Delete
    2. I can't eat that one, but they also have a caramel swirl that is to die for.

      Delete
  6. I don't eat a lot of ice cream (how unfair can life be?) and I don't think I've ever bought Ben & Jerry's . Too expensive for the likes of moi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Canada, you have much less need for ice cream indulgence. But Ben & Jerry's is usually really good. Yeah, expensive too. What's your favorite brand, if you have one, Debra?

      Delete
  7. This does not sound appealing to me so I would pass. Give me just chocolate any day. Now as for this gal who will not know what Mensa means never mind spell, she must have been Trump’s school buddy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Good call, Birgit. She's probably a Trump University graduate.
      Thanks for chiming in.

      Delete
  8. Eh, chocolate AND cinnamon? I don't think I could stomach it together but separately? Oh yes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya, girlfriend. It's not the most ideal combination.

      Cheers and thanks for dropping in.

      Delete
  9. Justice? Sadly I don't believe that I am wealthy enough to even get a sniff of that, much less to taste it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent point, EC. Justice (ironically) can only be accessed by the rich.
      Thank you.

      Delete
  10. Excellent review. I'm a fan of Ben&Jerry but not sure my primitive palate could do justice to this novel confection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum. I want some. It is acceptable as breakfast food?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, RR, most definitely: breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack, midnight snack...I recommend a mug of hot cocoa on the side.

      Delete
  12. sounds like justice is sweet. Your review made me curious and I do like cinnamon too. Thanks as always for being the intrepid food taster at the forefront of chocolate justice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I do what I can when I can, especially when it takes good, Joanne. ;-)
      Cheers to you.

      Delete
  13. I love ice cream. This one sounds good Ice cream is probably one of the reasons I will never have six pack abs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understandable. Sweets (especially chocolate) are the reason that my muffin top became an expansive donut shop. Ice cream's one of the worlds best foods.

      Delete
  14. I can't eat ice cream. Lactose and meanies...I'm intolerant of both. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, drats. I'll look for lactose free to sample next time.
      Virtual hugs.

      Delete
  15. Sounds interesting. Justice is a hot mess right now, so I like the idea of giving her a face-lift and new hair do, but I'm always suspicious with blanket statements that say a portion goes to...x y z. What portion. Shouldn't they say what percentage or how much of the 3.99 goes to cause? I'm not much of ice cream person, other than occasionally vanilla or a piece of pie. But, I love cinnamon rolls, so might enjoy it...but sounds like too much chocolate for my liking. I will have to look for it at the store though, hubby LOVES icecream and chocolate soooo it could be a winner.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point about "a portion of profits," Sandy. Transparency is needed. In this case, it's not going to amount to much at all. I doubt this ice cream has been selling very well. I generally trust Ben and Jerry's but most companies shouldn't be trusted.

      Be well.

      Delete
  16. Sounds interesting... As for how justice should taste, for those who should be not he receiving end of the justice system but have used their power to avoid justice, maybe it should takes like bread and water. (And, to be nice, maybe a Big Mac at Christmas)

    www.thepulpitandthepen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea, Sage. Better yet: One Big Mac for all to share at Christmas.
      Thanks.

      Delete
  17. These sound good to me as long as they are independent of each other. Not too sure I'd care for cinnamon and chocolate mixed. The review from the woman in Kentucky is more telling about her than it is about the ice cream. Haha! :-D

    ReplyDelete