InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Presidential Erotica: The Rising of the Caucus

My Dear Sillies,
   The more things change, the more they get more strange.
This is to say, I'm back to Berning for my man. (I did give up, but he never has. Thus, how dare I? Plus, he and I -well, it's personal).    
   The "female" in my rhyme, the one who does nothing for me, is a different one this time around -- 4 years later (Warren). 
   Yet caucusing is on the rise (I think. I never understood those things). However, I do believe that we're hard pressed to talk about it shamelessly. Embrace it. Coddle it. Bring it out in the open, and do so with pride.

   Keep a smile, and be naughty. It's the only way through the madness. Plus, of course, chocolate. Lots of it.
Love you.


21 comments:

  1. You keep Bernie young! But go easy on his heart -- he's already had one heart attack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I'll control myself, hard as it may be. Oh, um, pun intended or not??

      Delete
  2. The more things change, the more they stay the same. You and Bernie make such a cute couple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, the poor guy may not make it to morning after that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make it sound better than it is!
    Glad I don't have to worry about that mess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You never disappoint! Get that Bern girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bernie won our county caucus last time around. We'll have to see how he holds up to the younger options this time. Competition will be stiff as you might expect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Younger options? Is there a 69er in the bunch? (I don't mean anything inappropriate by that. Or do I?)

      Delete
  7. Good ole Bernie with his wild hair and manner may get a rise from your brilliant poem. A great way to stroke his ego.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you, Birgit.
      I like to do some stroking.
      Cheers.

      Delete
  8. You made me laugh out loud. This is the best "political" writing I've seen in a long time. Enjoy yearning and burning for the Bern. The show just goes on and on for all. It's madness, I say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it gets more and more strange.
      Glad you're keeping a sense of heart and reason, Joanne. You're always good for that.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. This begs for a poem
      as my fingers roam:

      Love your caucus in the war
      Love your caucus. It won't bore.
      Love your caucus day and night
      Please keep your caucus out of sight.

      Delete
    2. PS I ready your comment as "love" not "lost."
      What is wrong with me?
      I can't fathom you losing your caucus.
      I want you to love and embrace it. Lemme try again, though:

      If you lost your caucus in the war
      Don't be glum and don't be sore
      Grow a new one. Use special sauce.
      Keep your hand on it, so it's not lost.

      Delete
  10. I've never caucused, but I think I would enjoy it.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would too, Janie. Just keep leaning left.
      Love.

      Delete