InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Oh, How I Miss You Blogfest


Hosted by Andrew Leon, Matthew MacNish, and Alex J. Cavanaugh, it's time to pay tribute to bloggers we really miss because they've scaled down on blogging, and those we would really miss if they stopped blogging.

I feel so close to so many of you, it's really difficult to narrow down the list. Please know that I value our connection, whether or not you made the final cut. Here we go:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TWO BLOGGERS I REALLY MISS:

I never thought I'd find another blogger with a sense of humor as silly and warped as mine, much less two other bloggers. From different parts of the country, though, we connected and enjoyed repeated threesomes. Don't get too excited for me, I'm talking about a series of blog posts. One, an intervention with Yogi Bear, is here. These two have kept me laughing for days on end. Life being life and all, we haven't had a threesome in a long time. I really miss my hilariously clever buddies, The Invisible Seductress and Powdered Toast Man.  


THREE BLOGGERS I WOULD REALLY MISS:

I love Melissa. She's a feisty, quick-witted, caring badass, who likes to write about female badasses. Her writing is wonderful, and she holds nothing back. Melissa has become a friend too. I could go on and on. Instead, I'll say that you should follow her at Melissa's Imaginarium if you aren't already.

Pearl is one of the most talented, entertaining writers I know. She spins hilarious tales about things like a coworker pointing out that her sweater was on inside out. She looked down and noticed some type of pureed food (squash perhaps?) on it. That Pearl. She's a fun-loving delight, whose second book is near publication.

Third but not least, there's Alex. I'm unlike many of Captain Alex's crew in that I'm not a sci-fi fan, movie buff, or published author (not quite yet). But Alex has become a good friend and inspiration, whose support is invaluable. He consistently visits and comments on my blog. We all know Alex works hard to facilitate blogger connections, in addition to regularly creating fun, informative posts. I can't imagine the blogosphere without you, Alex. I really appreciate you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for stopping by, everyone.  I'd miss you if you hadn't.

Have a safe, peaceful weekend.


27 comments:

  1. I miss a number of bloggers that don't post anymore and wonder what happened to them.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Is this going to be a linky meme tomorrow, or are people just going to randomly post about it using the button?

    I have someone I'd like to give tribute to.

    And like Ms A said, many bloggers have just sort of disappeared - - - leaving no explanation or description of their whereabouts, and some of those I too miss dreadfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd miss you if you disappeared. There are quite a few that are not blogging anymore or hardly at all and I'm going through withdrawal, damn them! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a lot of people that I miss and wish would come back. It always makes me wonder what happened in their lives to make them stop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa and Alex are both very supportive. I'll have to check out the rest of your list. It was hard to narrow it down, so I went a different route. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea so much and think it's great to pay tribute to those you miss and those that you will miss. Everybody loves Alex and for a good reason because he seems awesome so I really need to follow him soon, I think I maybe tried to follow before but couldn't for some reason but it always seems that I'm missing out. For the record I'd miss you a lot if you stopped blogging Robyn so please never stop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember Seductress! And PTM is finally back - and married.
    And thank you so much for naming me, Robyn. You are one of a kind special. And have a wicked sense of humor! I'll always visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting from the blogfest. Love your description of the bloggers you would miss - Alex is on my list as well. I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, everyone. Yes, there are so many more bloggers I miss - practically daily - and worry about. There's also a blogger who's life was taken by cancer, and she was such a dear. The list could go on and on. It's not my call, but please go ahead and copy the button and join in.

    PS I'd miss you all too, if you left.

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Thank you so much. Sometimes I wonder why I write -- and then I see something like this. I admit it: I do it for the attention.

    :-) Just like my Mom always said.

    Thank you, Robyn.

    Kisses,

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah there are some I would surely miss if they left, so far all are still around and sticking with the cat though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't think I would be on the 'I miss you' side. I didn't realize I wasn't around that much anymore. I'm not sure if we will ever get our threesome back.

    I think everyone is going to put Alex on their list. He is the man.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As I would miss you too. I love your hilarious 'interviews'. Keep em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Melissa is fun. And so many people have mentioned Alex today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't even been blogging for a year and a half but I already miss some of the blogs i enjoyed when I first started. A blog is quite a commitment and for many it's difficult to make time. These folks probably have richer lives than me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet post! I remember powdered toast-wonder what happened?!

    It was tough to pick wasn't it~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Alex is getting a lot of love, today!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh, Iam so touched that you think so highly of me and my little blog. You have made my week.:)

    And you are my sister from another mister as I thought of you, too. Hugs!

    All of our bloggers are so important, it's why we have such a great community.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think Alex would probably be the worst missed blogger ever. No one is kinder or more prolific.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Alex is on at least half of all lists! He's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love reading Melissa's posts! And, of course, Alex is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Robyn .. I agree with you re Alex - but he didn't get on my list .. I selected others - knew he wouldn't mind! You've got some good names there .. and people have been remembering and coming back to your blog .. that's great - well life by chocolate is pretty amazing and gooey! Enjoy the weekend .. not too much chocolate - Thanksgiving next week and Christmas soon after ...

    Cheers - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would definitely miss Melissa too, and Alex...I don't know Pearl, but I'm heading over to check her out.

    I'd miss you too, if you left...so don't! *grin*

    Have a wonderful and happy weekend.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you, all. This blog world is pretty amazing, isn't it?

    Hilary, thanks for the reminder. I was tempted by chocolate (Halloween leftovers) this morn, but didn't cave in (yet).

    Jenny, you're sweet. I don't plan to.

    Have a great weekend, everyone.

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  25. Chocolate! Always nice to meet a kindred spirit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. You can never have enough chocolate.
    Love the sweetness in the dark! Perfect.

    ReplyDelete