InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Sunday, September 29, 2019

Happy Jewish New Year: Shana Tova!

Dear Sillies,
   It's a New Year for the Jewish people. If you feel old, consider this: We're embarking on the year 5,780! I know. It's a challenge to wrap my brain around this. 
   Because a fresh start is both feasible and welcome, though, I invite you to celebrate Rosh Hashanah* too. 
  
   Let's work towards a more peaceful, safe year across the globe. 
   Shana Tova! (Hebrew for "Happy New Year.")

*The start of the 10-day Jewish New Year. We dip apple slices in honey, then eat and enjoy, for a sweet new year.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Here I am with two siblings in 1969 (Jewish New Year 5,730). My other brother, Jonathan, was a mere embryo. {Technology was a lot more primitive back then. Thus, he's not pictured. =)}

 We wish you many moments of sweetness in the year ahead, along with greatly improved peace throughout the world.
  
Dawn (5), Glenn David (1.5), me (3.5) 

31 comments:

  1. Shana Tova to you and yours. This year, and every year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo from left to right. Now I'll attempt a wish from right to left: שנה טובה, רובין היקר! Uh oh, pooter won't do it right, so Happy New Year my dear Robyn, from all directions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang, that's very impressive, Geo. I'm ashamed to admit I don't even know what it means. Hebrew's a beautiful language, and you're a beautiful person, so I know it's a beautiful message.
      Much thanks, Geo. Shana Tova.

      Delete
  3. Is chocolate an important part of the celebration? If it isn't, then it should be.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As my Bubbeh would say...nah, as I say: "Chocolate, it should be eaten all the time, it should."
      Love ya.

      Delete
  4. You were cute!
    Almost six thousand years. That is Old Testament correct.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. Blessing to you. We can always hope for peace. Take care and have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, so cute! And so nice to have a glimpse of you as a little girl! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year!

    Like me, I bet you've always been a little girl, right? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was born taller than mom. (That's what we should tell people who ask, right?)
      Thanks, Diane.

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year! Am I too late to dip the apples? I could use some sweetness in my life. I mean, I have plenty, but can never have enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can always use more sweetness, and no - definitely not today. Today is Rosh Hashanah. Apples must be dipped in honey. =)

      Delete
  9. What a sweet picture! Wishing peace to you and to our world. Happy New Year, Robyn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy year 5780. Well at least with that picture we can tell you grew a little bit in height haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. You were just as cute then as you are now! Shalom, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shana Tova! And happy chocolate anytime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. Shana Tova and happy chocolate forever more. Smiles.

      Delete
  13. Shana Tova! Have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I always thought it was Raw Show Shondra. Now it makes more sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, the ancient Hebrews called it "Roach Ha Shlmeil." Go figure, PTM.

      Delete
  15. Shana Tova, sorry I’m a bit belated! Does chocolate go with honey and apples?

    ReplyDelete