InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Happy Sextilis! August is Here.

My Dear Sillies,
   I hope this finds you feeling alright.
   August was never my favorite. That said, here's a fun mix of info about August to get us excited about this new month.
   Take care of yourselves, stay as cool as possible, and eat chocolate (or your sinful pleasure, whatever that may be) as needed.
   Love you.

From Wikipedia: August was originally named Sextilis in Latin because it was the sixth month in the original ten-month Roman calendar under Romulus in 753 BC. SEXTILIS!? Happy *smirk and childish expressions* Sextilis, my friends! That sounds so scandalous, doesn't it? May it be so.

Did you know that August 5 is National Underwear Day?

In honor of Natioanl Underwear Day, there will reportedly be events around the country to encourage the 80% of people who have worn the same style of underwear their whole lives*  to try something new.

*In my case, that would be granny panties. But when I was younger, my sister and I had undies with very pretty fancy labels for each day of the week.  Kinda like these but more girlie:

 Image result for underwear labeled with the days of the week It's a good reminder to change your panties every day, I suppose.    

   How will you celebrate National Underwear Day?

 

 And now, a lovely August song by the lovely Carole King.

26 comments:

  1. National Underwear Day? Surely the poor things deserve a day off. Literally and metaphorically.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. Great point. Thank you, EC. Surely they do. We need a National Commando Day.

      Delete
  2. Or, we could just call it National Wish Lisa a Happy Birthday Month as I have decided that one day is just not sufficient. I need the whole month to appreciate my many years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it INTERNATIONAL Underwear Day? If so, lll put some thought into this. Thanks for the advance notice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For you, Mitchell, let's call it International Chocolate in the Nude Day, okay? ;-)

      Delete
  4. My husband Ray is already celebrating Happy Birthday Month for August. Today 8/1 is his day. And it's too freakin' hot. I don't bake him a cake because things melt - the top level of cake slides off the bottom. We'll let Lisa (above) share the celebrating.

    Happy August to you, my friend. Let's sit inside in air conditioning and drink a cool beverage. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good to me, Joanne.
      Stay cool and enjoy bday ice cream with Ray.

      Delete
  5. E. C. has it right. Commando day. But not for me, I like my panties. Shame, they need to be a little bit larger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's better than the granny panties I wear and have to fold over. They don't look so big when I buy them in the store.

      Be well, Susan.

      Delete
  6. Well I'm out for underwear day, haven't worn them in years at my bay. Guess that makes me ready for sextilis faster, right? Hmmm sounds like some bad std.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! No undies and it's sextilis. Sounds like a good time for you, Pat. I'm wondering - can you get STDs without the sextilis? Perhaps you should just play it safe during sextilis.

      Delete
  7. Dear Robyn, enjoyable post and instructive --I'd never encountered the word, "Sextilis". It's like those hybrid-word titles of monster-flicks. I believe the last two months, added for an updated calendar, were Sharknado and Godzilla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take Sextilis over Sharknado and Godzilla, Geo. That's a preferred option. Do you agree.

      Be well, my friend.

      Delete
    2. I agree, of course, but I was born on the 17th of Godzilla.

      Delete
    3. Haha. We'll call it Geozilla, and you get to go commando that day too.

      Delete
  8. I've been celebrating the 5th for almost 50 years for all the wrong reasons. This year, the heck with my birthday. I'll be celebrating my underwear.

    Do you think they make the day of the week panties in an XL granny-style? I'd like to have some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find anything on-line. I'll order some for both of us, okay? Happy almost Birthday! xx

      Delete
  9. Either commando or wearing them on the outside of my pants. I haven't decided yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could start a new fashion trend, wearing them outside your pants. Then again, all the preschoolers have likely tried it.

      Cheers, Jono.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I would probably look like a refugee from a nursing home.

      Delete
  10. I am all for comfort these days and hate assfloss panties. There is something every day which makes me just shake my head. I am hoping that August will be a little cooler which would be nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand the assfloss thing. How can it not be uncomfortable? And why bother to wear any panties at all?

      Yes. May August be cooler, Birgit.

      Delete
  11. I usually wear them on my head so I wore then normally this time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for letting me know about this day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy August, Robyn! Beautiful song. Perpetually late, I missed National Underwear day by two days. Just my luck.

    ReplyDelete