InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Courage, Thank you Martin Luther King, Jr.

Where have all my followers gone? I don't see your pretty, smiley faces on my right sidebar anymore, and this makes me very sad. The GFC gadget thing-a-majiggy seems to have disappeared. Is anyone else having the same problem? Can you see your pretty, smiley faces on my right sidebar? Any advice?

On a much more poignant note, I'm re-posting Courage. Thank you, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Thank you for forcing what's right, in spite of the cost. It's up to us to carry the torch that you so courageously lit. Your journey is now, in a very real way, our duty.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Courage 

Extending the dance, 
When you’ve long lost your groove
Swimming to shore too frail to move.

Stepping towards light, when darkness abounds
Permitting a laugh amid no other sounds.

Confronting a beast no one should endure
It strikes with no warning, no reprieve and no cure.
 
Snuggling with hope, when the pain you can’t bare
Unveiling your heart in the face of despair.

Conveying a smile, when you’d much rather cry
Speaking the truth though it’s safer to lie.

Taking a stance, when integrity’s lost
Forcing what’s right in spite of the cost.
 

Holding to faith in your value and worth
Maintaining a grace that softens the earth.
 

Passing with ease
As you air your last breath

A hero whose soul
Transcends life
and death.
-Robyn Alana Engel

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ photo by me, 2017, Chico's Bidwell Park
 
Next: More on the Scorpio saga and my bar brawl. 
Please be safe. Weather reports are scary. Take it easy and be gentle with yourself. 
You're loved and you're worthy, and I hope you'll soon magically reappear on my sidebar. 

36 comments:

  1. Well, I can see your Google Friend Connect gadget on your right sidebar. It says you have 672 followers and there's a bunch of icons there. Hope this info helps?

    It seems that Martin Luther King Day is even more important this year than ever. His spirit is needed to guide the USA in the next 4 years (and beyond, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very moving poem, Robyn. I am so glad I got to see Reverend King give a speech on a playing field at Sac. State. --'67, I think. I learned a lot from it. As for GFC, I see our faces in the gallery just as Debra does. It's there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You miraculously returned. Of course, as soon as I posted, your bright and shiney little faces reappeared. I'm very happy, because I love you peeps.

    Thank you, Debra and Geo. Geo, that's amazing that you saw King. Wow. I'm happy for you. I saw his wife speak in the 90s, I believe. She was a bright jewel too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your followers wouldn't desert you even if they were temporarily invisible. And all 672 of us are back.
    Love your poem. And yes, courage is grounded in integrity and doing what is right when a part of us wants to run away. Sometimes a big part of us.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember that poem, Robyn. One of your best non-erotic ones. And I can see all your followers too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully said, Robyn.
    My GFC gadget is still there, but be prepared - they are discontinuing it very soon. That's why everyone gets an error message when they click to follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How annoying. But they threatened to take it away years ago, Alex.

      PS Thank you. And thank you, EC and GB.

      Delete
  7. Great verse indeed. I can still see the smiling faces. Maybe it was just screwing with you, not in a fun way lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to re-follow you as google has been a major pain in the ass to keep straight and give me access to my stuff. Google has a lot of nerve.
    Courage is something we will all need in the upcoming years. Thanks for expressing it so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful poem!! I see 673 followers- Google is weird sometimes. The Blogger app has really been wonky lately on my phone.
    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google is fickle indeed.
      Take care, Holli, and thank you for your kindness.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. You're welcome, and thank you, Wilma. I hope you're taking good care and staying safe.

      Delete
  11. excellent poem...courage indeed. A good salute on this Monday. Plenty to think about. Plenty to smile about. Have a good week my friend

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah yeah, it jumped up from 672 to 673 at your very mention of it. Surely a good sign.

    And I don't think I could ever get tired of Courage. Beautifully said.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful poem Robyn! All we have is hope and love, and in the end, love always wins.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ob and btw, I cannot see your followers tab -mine disappeared too a while back but I think it's back now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't see Chubby Chatterbox on your sidebar, but I see others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, Stephen. You've definitely earned a spot. I don't know why, though, I'm not seeing your blog title as an option. I'm pretty sure I've tried before too, because you're among my most loyals...Lemme see if I can figure it out. Thank you.

      Delete
  16. Love the poem.

    I can see the Google Followers Widget. It seems that Google/Blogger occasionally gets fussy with certain browsers. There are times that things work as they should on IE, but not on Firefox or vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, thank you for suggesting to try a different browser. That might be part of the problem.
      Take care, Cheryl. You're appreciated.

      Delete
  17. I can see your followers too, and I can see mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dr. King was a beautiful man!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dr King was celebrated today for sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, JoJo, Fishducky, and Spacer Guy. It's good to see you all here. Take care and be well.

      Delete
  20. Martin Luther King? Who is that? I thought it was MLK day. To celebrate MILK and all of it's goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you're confused, PTM. That's choc MLK day, and that's everyday for me. You're welcome.
      PS I miss you.

      Delete
  21. Wonderful poem, so glad you shared it again. The world needs more encouraging words these days.

    And wanted to thank you for stopping by my cradle rock release party at Diane's blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Tara. Thank you for dropping by to thank me - appreciations all around. That's what this world needs. =)

      Delete
  22. Beautiful poem, Robyn, and so completely appropriate not only for MLK day, but for our time and our world.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a great poem and we can all keep this poem somewhere and read it when we feel we need to. I have no clue about the missing people:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. No worries, they're not missing anymore. Thank you, Birgit, and thank you, Connie.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful poem. It's something we could always be reminded of.

    ReplyDelete