InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Wednesday, May 31, 2023

RhiMe, Don't Tell My Boyfriend!


Hi, Dears,

I'll do anything to upstage Martha. Please don't tell my beau about this. It was just a kiss. I mean, it was just a photo opp. That's all. I'm making a socially relevant statement about body positivity, people! Got a huge belly? Be proud! Stick it out til that belly button can be poked into by all (consensually, of course). I'm a respectful lady.   

Oh, and don't tell my beau about this either: I'm planning a big surprise for his 25th sober Birthday! 25 years of sobriety! Can you believe it? Are any of you on that journey? All power to you, if so. It's been approximately 7 years of no alcohol for me. Not because I have a problem. I have MANY problems, as you might suspect. But alcohol isn't one of them. I just decided to hone my fixation on food sugars in the form of chocolate, as you might suspect.

Love and gentle care and trust that you'll keep these secrets.

Robyn

9 comments:

  1. 25 years of sobriety is a big deal! I'm sure your surprise will be spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm so proud of him. He probably wouldn't be alive had he not sobered up. Thank you, Debra.

      Delete
  2. Haha funny image.
    Is it really 25 years? That's amazing. Tell him congratulations. A huge deal. I've had alcohol struggles on and off, mostly on, for almost 40 years. About 9 of those sober. It ain't easy. The opposite.
    Good for you too staying off it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Anthony. Yeah, I know it's been a terribly hard journey for you. My beau has a lot of alocholism in his DNA, and had a very rough start at life. Thus, I'm so assured his a very good, strong, disciplined man. I'll pass on your congratulations (after the surprise). Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Huge congratulations. My mother lost her fight with alcohol and the whole family grieved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry, EC. There's too much darkness to the disease. It takes more than I can imagine to win the fight.

      Delete
  4. Thanks, Alex. I will. I made a makeshift photo booth and have lots of silly, creative things planned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am late to comment, but now I've seen your fun FB post - a hit party, congrats on his sobriety, and you two keep having fun. That is so key and I'm SO glad you've found a good guy!!! You do deserve laughter, joy, and being treated right. Keep smiling! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks so much. I appreciate you and our friendship, Joanne. <3

      Delete