InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Monday, November 5, 2018

One Rainbow Tribe! Showtime

Dear Sillies,
   A few months ago, I decided to bring my book to the stage. I thus bribed various friends, pleaded with a local cafe to host the show, designed the set, purchased a stuffed porcupine and other props, sifted through the script many times...Showtime arrived on October 27.
   We had a large audience, one that laughed and enjoyed the show. It was amazing to see the story take on such a lively, endearing, strange, and silly life. There was semi-nudity, the striking of small balls, the toss of an orange blob (bag of Cheeto Puffs) through the air, and more. (I'm sorry I can't post the whole thing; it's too big.)
   Regrettably, I have yet to pay Poor Cubie -- the porcupine on the Trumpeter's head. He did a very good job, as you can see, and stayed in place, thanks to three shoe laces and a red plastic head band.  
   Note that I didn't instruct the Trumpeter to destroy the set before joining the rainbow tribe. It was an accidental but timely gesture on his part.
   I'm hoping you're able to view this. Please let me know, if not. It's very short (one min or so). It's the grand finale - my ultimate message. Note my Bernie socks.
   Take care of yourselves.
   Keep a smile.
   Keep a stash of chocolate.
   Know that you are loved.
                                            
Click box in bottom right corner, after pressing Play, to view full screen.
Cast: Narrator Corey Finnegan; Clan Fans Steve Ferchaud (Illustrator) and Dallas Darnell; Teen Melissa Dye; Classmates Andan and Judi Casamajor; Clown Vic Estrada; Rushing Bride Knat Annie Fischer, Knit Robyn Engel (Author); Trumpeter King Allan Nixon; prickly hairpiece, Poor Cubie the Porcupine. Filmed by Michelle.


33 comments:

  1. Love and laughter from here. Megathanks.
    And sadly I couldn't see your Bernie socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. Well, Bernie is always around, if not in our faces.
      He was indeed warming my legs.
      Thanks, EC.

      Delete
  2. Compassionate, educational, inspiring and happy. Y'all nailed it. Brava/Bravo! Your words prefigure a better future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May better days come to fruition. I believe they will.
      Thank you, Geo.

      Delete
  3. Sure looks like a lot of fun was had indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! But now I need to watch it on a bigger screen and to look for those socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you watch it on a full screen, it's a bit easier to catch Bernie. =)
      Thank you, Jono. I'm glad you enjoyed this.

      Delete
  5. Funny! I am impressed that thing stayed on his head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really didn't think it'd work so well. I never before fitted a porcupine to a bald head before, Alex. (Believe it or not. =))
      I'm happy you enjoyed this.

      Delete
  6. so creative and good. Here's the Rainbow Tribe...may we choose wisely today. And chocolate for all in the land...and those trying to join us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that. Chocolate, kindness, and open hearts. May the tides shift towards kindness today. I'm hopeful.
      Gratitude, Joanne.

      Delete
  7. This made me smile, Robyn :) Fun and creative! I hope the voting goes well today and some sanity is restored. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope so, Martha. The fight for our Congressional rep's seat is going to be grueling and close. We're hoping the incumbent gets ousted, in favor of sanity and heart.
      Thanks for the well wishes.

      Delete
  8. This was the perfect conclusion to your book. Loved the socks! :-) Looks like you all had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great, Connie. Thank you, kindly. The audience loved it too, and I sold 16 or so books!
      Be well.

      Delete
  9. Another treat, Robyn! Let the message prevail today, tomorrow, and into the future. Much love,
    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your humor and energy!! So fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Holli. This was a fun outlet for some of that energy of mine. =)

      Delete
  11. Appropriate viewing for today. Thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those socks sure are creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lon. I love them. A friend gave them to me for my birthday. They keep my feet and calves warm. That Bernie. =)
      Thank you for joining my tribe here. I very much appreciate it.

      Delete
  13. "Meanness only drains the soul... Ain't that the truth!

    Hi Robin. Alex tells me you know what Bryan and Brandon have been up to.

    Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delete delete... I mean, Robyn, cause spelling is hard :)

      Delete
    2. Hi, Blue. No worries about the misspell. You're not the first. Bryan is doing great - he's working on an incredibly high quality film - doing everything with impeccable attention to detail, and it's going to be fabulous. Brandon is a daddy, who's also working more than full-time. Unfortunately, he's not writing or creating in the same way Bryan and the rest of us are. But he's doing fine. Thanks for asking.

      Delete
    3. That's good to know. Thank you for telling me. I'm not surprised Bryan is doing great. Brandon is a daddy... How about that...

      Here's to The Lost Boys.

      Good luck, fellas!

      Thanks, Robyn.

      Blue

      Delete
  14. Not that your excellent choral reading was less than worthy of a second favorable comment, I do want to know if you're doing ok 10 miles down the cliffs from Paradise. Remember, I'm a former Chico resident and the worst we had back then was when the almond growers would smudge the orchards against frost. We're 80 miles away and have a guest room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Geo...you're angelic. I believe I've told you that. I'm fine and safe. But I will unload stories here. Each day seems very long and packed with overwhelming info. I did evacuate (though not ordered to. As you know, it's too close for comfort) to Saco for a few nights. I didn't get there until 2a, stayed in a hotel. You're so kind to offer. I'm very fortunate for friends like you. I'm back now. You likely know that the fire is only 30% contained, but Chico's intact and not threatened. I keep telling myself to take care of myself, so I can best take care of our community. The needs are endless.

      Delete
  15. Dears, for best update, please see my note to Geo. You've likely learned the news about the Paradise (and Northern California "Camp Fires.") I'll post more about it. I'm safe and well. Our community of Chico is very openhearted and doing all we can for our loved ones who lost everything. We're determined to get them through this. <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the clip and I'm impressed, you remembered your lines :). Prayers for all your neighbors whose lives have been shattered through fire--how tragic.

    ReplyDelete