InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Let's Hear it for the Boy!



Dearest Sillies,
Oy, the holidays are coming! Yikes, right?
I have a few friends who boycott the holidays. To that I say: Congratulations.
To the rest of us, may we enjoy the parts worth enjoying and avoid the stresses of the season.
Now, while I have fun year-end stuff to present, I'm tossing in more Dude Three.
 

Take gentle care, my friends.
Life is harsh, but you are beautiful. And I love you.


~~~~~~~//~~~//~~~~~~~~~~~~~//
   Alas, after two weeks of missing each other, Dude Three and I reunited. It was a Friday night in early October. Sure, there were signs* that he has some issues - we all do. (His line about baseball-card sales after we first met, his failure to see me immediately upon my arrival from Greece, strained relationships with one of his children...) Besides, I was already attached. His sweet, sensitive side strongly endeared me. Add to this, an electricity between us. He's a good one. No worries.  
   I was extra happy to see Three arrive with a bagful of groceries; he planned to cook dinner.  
   Dude Three was all smiles, hugs, and kisses. I’m not much into voyeurism, so I participated. In the mix, I showed him photos of Greece. He asked appropriate questions (e.g., the octopus I ate – Was it raw? Answer: It was boiled, in a salad. It was yummy too.).
   Dinner - chicken and stir-fry - was delicious. We then reclined on the sofa.
   Things heated up quickly, but we’d planned on going out to hear music. So…we did (We went out to hear music, that is). 
   I danced on a high to groovy seventies tunes -- having just returned from the trip of a lifetime, with my new beau, who was actually dancing with me. I'd never had a man in my life to dance with. Yeah, he's more like Steve Urkel than Fred Astaire, but I'm more Elaine Benes than Ginger Rogers, so it was all good.   
   Back at home, late into the night…touching, kissing, groping, ahh, his warmth felt nice. It'd been a long stint of celibacy, and the couch was becoming increasingly uncomfortable.
   We moved to my bathroom. Just kidding, we moved to my bedroom. 
   Dude Three wouldn't leave until the next morning, not that I wanted him to. Three wouldn't sleep in the living room either, not that I wanted him to. How'd it go?
   Oh, oh oh oh...

Most remakes stink, as we know. I like the Footloose remake, though. Here's a fun scene.

36 comments:

  1. Hope it didn't all go downhill from that point...
    Boycotting the holidays? Hope that doesn't involve taking a knee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Let's hope not. I think the holiday boycott is mostly about not going broke (or more broke) and avoiding mega-stress.
      Thanks, Alex.

      Delete
  2. Oooh...this sounds good and I keep my fingers crossed because of the evening you shared and the night(wink,wink). No matter what it is today, this was a nice night in your life..savour the moment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't like to cook. I'm good with doing dishes after ordering the guy to cook. Smiles.

      Delete
  4. Promising. Very, very promising. About time too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reminded of an old line I read in a work I forgot the name of. An ill-read monk is asked about his vow of celibacy and answers, "Celibacy? What do I care for fame?" Main thing is to love life and not get 4-syllable words mixed up. This axiom has served me well for many decades and I'm real good at it now. Bet you are too --I wish you happiness, and yes celebrity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that. Fame is never as good as it sounds, nor is celibacy.
      Gratitude, Geo.

      Delete
  6. And he cooks! So cool :) Sounds promising.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cooks and dances too, look at you. Let's hope things don't up fizzle out or more issues arise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Things are warming up nicely. He dances? Cool, but that is why I play in the band. It sounds promising and let's hope he has no major issues that could ruin things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Women fall all over men who play in the band, right, Jono? Or is that only if you play the saxophone?

      Delete
    2. Must just be saxophone. We guitar players are a dime a dozen.

      Delete
    3. Yeah but when a man can work his sax...oh, oh, oh.

      Delete
  9. Elaine Benes and Steve Urkel, the power couple that runs primetime with an iron fist.

    I would pay to see that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you know all these things, Bryan? I'm referencing the spelling of "Urkel." Thanks. I changed it. I was too tired/lazy to google it. And yeah, the Benes-Urkel duo would make for great comedy.

      Delete
  10. cute and cooking. Hey I can vouch for that being a winner (ref. my Ray). and if he asked proper questions about Greece - ring the bell. Sounds like a keeper so far. Hope he doesn't blow it here in late December - tough time of year. Even the token of right attitude and sticking counts as winning. Fingers still crossed for more OH OH OH for you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, I'm smiling here. Sounds nice. I hope the niceness continues.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope this guy turns out to be a prince instead of a toad.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! I've heard enough disaster stories that it makes me really happy when I hear a story of loving triumph! Especially if it involves awkward dancing. This gave me a smile and I thank you. Much like your new catch phrase, "Life is harsh, but you are beautiful. And I love you." I want to spread this message far and wide.

    ReplyDelete
  14. He had me at cooking dinner. You had me dancing like Elaine. Love you hard, girl! xoxo

    Have a beachy week!
    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
  15. He cooked dinner for you?? He's a keepah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought. Or is it "think"? We'll see.
      Thanks, JoJo.

      Delete
  16. Oooh... I'm glad things seem to be going well.
    Hey, I haven't seen this remake. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooohh it sounds wonderful. And so promising. There's just this air of dread... Hope I'm wrong.
    I screened the remake at the nursing home I work at for one of my weekly matinees. Not sure how it went down as I was actually sick that day. About a year or so back. Cant bring myself to watch it. ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? You don't like it. I love the original and remake, though it's a tragic start. The music, though - so energizing.
      Thanks, friend.

      Delete