InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Monday, September 2, 2024

Happy September, Comment Collage starring YOU!

Well welcome, September. Please go easy on us. Thank you.

My Sillies, may Labor Day be, or have been, restful and grateful. Having yelled fiercely while holding a strike sign along a major CA freeway, having regularly published and distributed a chapter newsletter for SEIU Local 535, and having scolded the then CEO because "I don't appreciate being interrupted" during contract negotiations, I'm strongly pro workers' rights. Great respect for those who sacrificed their well-being and lives to bring about safer, fairer, more respectful working conditions. 

On an entirely different note, my Sillies, enjoy some random humor. This comment collage consists of YOUR comments to my last handful-ish of posts, woven together with silliness - a cup of hot chocolate on the side. 

Birgit said I bet Hancock had big hands and knew how to use them. I just realized something....if you lived in Florida, your blog would be banned....hahahaaa. They all have small hands. Al Penwasser said Yikes!

Elizabeth Seckman said I used to tease a few of them, but that was just me being a rotten teen. Moving with Mitchell said I know this story will end well, but what a start! Debra She Who Seeks said I see Martha Stewart has cropped up again! Did you see her and Snoop Dogg at the Paris Olympics equestrian events? They looked very posh together.

Joanne said Dang, even Cowboy Carter is being schooled by you. Giddyap! Sandy said Holly cow gurl. At least they didn't ask you to finish mopping the floor. Debbie D.  said Nah - I like Italians! Mistress Maddie said But I do know you had a good time! It's you! And I read about it in the papers. Damn paparazzi. Toni said Wonderful memories but who knew we were living innuendoes!!! Pat Hatt said Well that sucks. 

Debra She Who Seeks said Oooooooo, John Hancock, is that a feather quill pen in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? Well, not me, but Robyn?

Debbie D.  said A cliffhanger! Looking forward to the rest of the story.

Jeff said I have no idea, but I love beets and can't imagine a beet latte.

Joanne said Any lumberjacks fell anything in your direction? Moving with Mitchell said Good idea. I’ve shared mine often. Janie Junebug said How wonderful! I'm jealous. Elephant's Child said Kindness is SUCH a powerful force. Mike said WOW!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said Will lightning strike me for just reading that?

Too late, Alex! Way too late!

18 comments:

  1. Nice work standing up for workers' rights. Well done Robyn.
    Hope all is well with you. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dead!
    You're one of those who've made it a better place for workers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. You're doing pretty darn well considering you've already died many times since I started blogging.
      Love ya, Alex.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the shout out. L9vevreadingbthese comments. It's just weird seeing Martha and Snoop together. I wonder how many sexual positions she taught him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Birgit, you're the best. You have me in stitches. Do you think she taught him any variations of doggy style?

      Delete
  4. Kudos to you for standing up to the 'man', Robyn! My husband was a union steward and safety rep for many years, so we're with you about Labour Day. Thanks for the shoutout! Loved reading all the witty comments. Happy September!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you. My husband is in a union and fortunately has only once had to strike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Striking isn't fun and unfortunately, not often very effective. Well, actually, I take it back. We had fun and we got a lot of attention (by truckdrivers who liked seeing all the young gals screaming for better pay).

      Delete
  6. Cheers to all the hardworking individuals out there. You're making the world a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Dad was his store's Union Rep back in the day. The country was in much better shape when unions were stronger and more plentiful than they currently are. Republicans continue to do everything they can to diminish them. Good for you for yelling and carrying a sign!! Proud of you. Keep up the good work. Fun reading the collage of comments. Have to say I agree with the one that said your blog would be banned in Florida...such a backward state with far too many narrow minded people.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florida seems to be its own very idiosyncratic universe, right Sandy?
      Be well, friend.

      Delete
  8. Well done Norma Rae! I write that with respect. Very amusing collage and I am proud to have a line. And I would be honored to be banned in FL with you - as a reader and commenter. Crazy times, my friend. Thanks for keeping it "light".

    ReplyDelete