InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Monday, August 1, 2022

Martha Stewart Shocks in National Underwear Day Attire for August!

 My Dear Sillies,

   I hope this finds you feeling alright, effectively contending whatever challenges you in these tough times. 
   August was never my favorite. I actually loathe it. 
   That said, let's fake excitement about the new month. Historically, August includes NATIONAL UNDERWEAR DAY!

   Take care of yourselves, stay as cool as possible, and eat chocolate (or your sinful pleasure, whatever that may be) as needed.
   Love you.

From Wikipedia: August was originally named Sextilis in Latin because it was the sixth month in the original ten-month Roman calendar under Romulus in 753 BC. SEXTILIS!? Happy *smirk and childish expressions* Sextilis, my friends! That sounds so scandalous, doesn't it? May it be so.

Did you know that August 5 is National Underwear Day?

In honor of National Underwear Day, nationwide events have encouraged the 80% of us who've worn the same style of underwear their whole lives*  to try something new.

How outrageous! 
But Martha Stewart is ready. She's always ready. For what? That's the question.

22 comments:

  1. Thanks for notifying us about August 5th and its encouragement to try a new style of underwear to mark the occasion! I'm going to run right out to Victoria's Secret and buy a frilly thong! Don't worry though -- I will NOT be posting photos to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. HRH, send directly and I'll make sure they go viral. Thanks, hon. I knew you'd like this post.

      Delete
  2. If I wear some bloomers on my head, does that count.
    But guess what we just missed. Naked bike ride day. It was last Saturday. Not that people get naked. They ride in their underwear. A few people push the limit but not many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, Mike? Isn't bike riding torturous enough for men? But naked or only in underwear? OUCH. That's too weird. Thanks for the silly info.

      Delete
  3. Would it be wrong if I just didn't participate in National Underwear Day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think most of my comments on your blog in recent weeks have landed in your spam folder. I hope this one sticks.
    A different style of underwear? Commando would be different for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, EC. I don't know how/why some women actually do it. It seems, ironically, unnatural.

      Delete
  5. Oh your terrible Muriel!!!!! But since it's underwear month and it's hot as hell this month for most of us, I'll share a tip for the frivolity of it all.

    "When it's hot like this, you know what I do? I keep my undies in the icebox." Marylin Monroe-Some Like it Hot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting strategy. Quite brilliant, actually. Thank you, MM and the other MM. You're both hot and wise!

      Delete
  6. So...tell me, when is National underwear streak day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, Birgit, but I think we'll notice. Hopefully this will be a good and not repulsive thing, am I right?

      Delete
  7. I'm almost afraid to see what she wears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. You should've seen my beau's face when I showed him this photo. He almost lost his appetite (and desire to live). Ha.

      Delete
  8. I'll have to remember to change my underwear on the 5th. It's been a month. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so funny. I mean, hopefully that's a joke. Please do make the change, my friend, for the sake of everyone close to you and all of Australia. Smiles.

      Delete
  9. Since we are living in hell in TX, the chocolate melts far too quickly. Alas, and here's far too much information, underwear gets far too sweaty. However, I'm far too modest to shed underwear. Thus...oh never mind....that Martha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind, Joanne. Martha makes up for everyone's modesty. It's unfortunate.
      I hope you're finding ways to stay cool.

      Delete
  10. Well, I can change from pink granny panties to blue granny panties but that's as far as I'll go. Those thongs are not touching my derriere.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG...how did I miss such an important day!! I used to have a set of undies that had the days of the week on them. Each was a different color and so helpful when you don't have a calendar, lol How am I going to unsee that picture of Martha...oh my
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete