And I Wrote This Book.

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Your Sillies and Restless Legs

Dear Sillies,
It's a half-half post today. First, some of your best comments from the past year, mashed together and even sillier. I love your playful humor. It gets better and better.
Second, for my staunch loyals, a bit more on Scorpio. 
We've likely one more half-half post to come before year's end.
In the meantime, take care of yourselves. Stay safe, warm, and know that you're loved.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pat Hatt Move over Herbie, Lohan's got a new love bug. Pickleope Von Pickleope Is he mad that Scooby was a skeptic who exposed supernatural-exploiting greedy capitalists?  Sherry Ellis Wow. Don't these people know that their horrendous grammar is a blatant statement of their stupidity? A Beer For The Shower All of our teachers were 70-something year old grumps with faces like bulldogs. There would have been no hokey pokey or red rover with those bridge trolls, that's for sure. Debra She Who Seeks That Moby-Dick and sardine imagery will stay with me a looooooooong time. Elizabeth Seckman I'm thinking that could be the cocktails, not the spam.Empty Nest Insider I'm impressed that you still fit into your wedding dress! You must keep it in the freezer so you can snack on it during photo shoots. Geo. What a coincidence! I am five pound, 11 feet tall too. Janie Junebug I still loves me my Willy Dunne Wooters. L. Diane Wolfe  With an egg beater? Is that legal? Janie Junebug  Uh, clean beaver. Yeah.Stephen Hayes Poor Martha, both needy AND naughty. Ruth Carmen Miranda's gonna be pissed. Yvonne Love me some TIGHTy whities! Birgit The sheets should be sweaty, off the mattress and you both have a silly grin. Gorilla Bananas  I've only see that in yanks.com!sage Yep, I'm sure he really really likes women... JoJo my husband made some comment about his 'moobs' so I quipped to my stepson's girlfriend, 'He's got the moobs like Jabba'. She busted up laughing. Hubby told me to shut up.


stay tuned for part II of your sillies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Me and Scorpio, IV
   Scorpio and I had a wonderful first week together. He immediately sealed our courtship by posting on his Facebook page: “I met a girl, Robyn, gonna keep her forever.” The wording still makes me smile. Respectively, I messaged Shira to tell her I’d finally met a keeper, and “It only took fifty years.” 
   "Funny, I don’t get restless legs during sex," Scorpio reported. Of course not. Why be restless during sex? And what – he’d kick me out of bed mid-intercourse? And imagine if he didn't like me..."Go to sleep sweetie," while pulling me close. "I’m fading fast," he’d say. I’d hit REM sleep when all of a sudden: Whamm! Shattered glass all over the place, as I’m catapulted through the bedroom window. "Oh, sorry honey!" he shouts, laying snuggly in my bed. "It’s my Restless Legs. Here"—he tosses a sheet out the broken window, snickering—"use this, it’s cold out there."
   As I boiled some hot water for tea on day 10, Scorpio sat in the nearby living room when intense screaming shook me. "OWWW! OW!" He rolled along my carpet, pained, grasping his thighs for dear life. "Take off my pants!" he shouted. I complied, though it was neither easy nor the ideal circumstances in which to disrobe him.
   "Take my keys, aspirin in glove box."
   I rushed to Scorpio's car out front, opened the passenger's door and was fairly disgusted by the sight of a big half-full container of Welch’s grape juice; huge bags of Halloween candy --though the holiday was still three weeks out; a six-pack of Mountain Dew; and enough doughnut crumbs to keep Chris Christie sated for a few days. Oh yeah, the goal: Get aspirin. Done.
   "Here you go, babe," I handed him the container. Scorpio popped
a pill and calmed down. 
    And when he left me alone that night to do his own thing, I was thoroughly relieved. "I’m already going kinda crazy with sharing my space." I emailed Dawn (my sister). "He’s a great guy, but I miss my alone time."
stay tuned.


39 comments:

  1. Ahhh trying to have your umm donuts and eat it too, huh? Then again with a guy rolling around on your carpet without you, it can make you long for your own space lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Maybe it's about my not wanting someone with a high level of caretaking needs in my space. Well, and wanting my own space too, Pat.
      Thank you.

      Delete
  2. An interesting turn of events for you. Wondering how all this will play out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda am too. Not sure when to end this story. But it is unpredictable.
      Be well, Stephen.

      Delete
  3. Some funny stuff.
    Don't let him take all of your space. Or let him kick you out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I see where this is going, Robyn, but I won't write it here. SPOILER ALERT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a sharp gal, Debra.

      Thanks, Alex and Deb.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like this may be fate ;)

    Have a Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need my alone time. And everyone around me needs me to have it too.
    Still wanting the next installment. You really are the mistress of the cliff hanger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that title, EC. I hope I live up to it.

      Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, OE and EC.

      Delete
  7. Donuts, candy, grape juice, and Mountain Dew. Doctor, I think we have a culprit behind "restless leg syndrome", or at least a heavily aggravating factor.

    As for the other part, isn't it funny we long for someone to fill in the empty spots- until they do it. We know we have found the right one when they can fill it and NOT be annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see a lot of cars that are receptacles for junk food. Let's try not to judge him. Willy Dunne Wooters and I used to spend the entire weekend and one weekday night together. Now we spend Sundays together. It works for us.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't judge him too much about that. Well, I did, but he reciprocated in a joking manner. But . . .

      Delete
  9. don't tell me you have restless heart syndrome already...we shall see. Stay silly my friend - you have quite a crowd around you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joanne. That's true. I need to remember that, and feel grateful for it.

      Delete
  10. I wanna hear how this story continues!!! What was wrong with his legs though? Restless legs for real?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's Restless Legs for real. I'm just skeptical about something like that being 100% related to diet. It's gotta be anxiety related. Don't you think, JoJo?

      Delete
  11. This dude and his restless legs for real? For the holidays, you could offer to clean out his car, but then he might expect you to do it regularly. Enjoy yourself, Robyn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't so much disgusted by the mess as by his diet. And I don't enjoy cleaning, especially not someone else's mess.

      Thank you, Sage. Hope you're well.

      Delete
  12. "gonna keep her forever," makes you smile, not pucker your anus in terror? I guess you've found someone you jive with and can interpret tone. Me? I'd be afraid of living in a dank basement. Thank you for including one of my comments in your comment collage. I should take it as a compliment but I'm too self-loathing. it just makes me self-conscious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments are always stellar, PVP. No need for self loathing. As far as the fear - yeah, I'd do well to be less naive and more skeptical. Something's wrong with me in that way, and that makes me self-conscious.

      Delete
  13. So the guy eats crap and wonders why he gets restless leg? He doesn't take the time to clean his car and he's just getting to know you? I still shudder when I remember my ex leaving the kitchen after I had cleaned it.....crumbs everywhere, most cupboard doors left open, knife with butter on the counter and bits of jam in certain places..ughhh. I can feel and understand your hesitation. Oh...thnakmyou for showcasing what I said:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Birgit. You ALWAYS leave me entertaining comments - it's just hard to choose which to showcase.

      Delete
  14. This is a very peculiar medical condition. He behaved as if his pants were on fire ( which I hope doesn't mean he's a liar). And he can cure something like that with aspirin? I'm going to ask my witch doctor about this one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is strange, isn't it, GB? Kindly tell me what the good witch says. Thanks.

      Delete
  15. "Take of my pants!" And take away all that sugar!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think of all the weight you'd lose with those two swift movements. =)

      Delete
  16. You're going to need a bigger bed. Or an extra bedroom. Or separate apartments. There is always a solution. Or compromise.

    Perhaps he doesn't have a pantry at his place and uses the car for food storage :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True about spouse, but -as much as I'm a relentless sweet tooth- I don't keep any of the crap around except for special occasions (e.g., parties or Halloween).

      Delete
  17. Sugar diet with aspirin for nutrition? Jeez! I suppose it's what keeps him going or does it? At least he seems considerate of your safety if not your sanity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess aspirin, like Windex, is a cure all. (?)

      Delete
  18. My hubby has a mild case of restless leg syndrome. I sometimes have to wake him when i cant take the bed feeling like a jerky roller coaster or shaking of the bed anymore. His car is also a wreck but i wouldnt trade him for the world.
    Oh the suspense!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got a good one, Holli. Restlessness isn't always bad.

      Delete
  19. Personal space is important to hold onto. Sharing it can take some adjustment. That was a sweet thing to post on Facebook, though... :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not understanding the pants removal/need for aspirin butI am withholding forming any opinions until we get more of the story. As for alone time...no matter how wonderful a relationship is EVERYONE needs some alone time. Being together 24/7 would just become smothering.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Huh. All of the sudden I'm not too sure I like him. He seems extremely high maintenance...

    ReplyDelete